Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 09:59 AM
We have a reservation to go by ferry to these islands. About how much time do we need to allow at Ellis Island in order to make our reservation at the statue of liberty? Can we go to the Statue first and then Ellis Island?I've heard we can get lunch in the Statue???
Old 09-13-2007, 10:08 AM

Hello. We were in NYC about 4 weeks ago. We caught the ferry to the statue of liberty. It takes you out there, it lets people off, then lets people on who have been waiting. Then, it goes to ellis island and does the same thing. We did not get off the ferry at all. In fact, ALOT of people didn't even get off the ferry. So, I don't know if you can get lunch at the statue. We wanted to just get pictures of her, and see her up close. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-13-2007, 11:21 AM

This website might help here
Old 09-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Banned

You can get lunch at the Statue. We have done it. I am assuming you are leaving from Battery Park and not from New Jersey. You will first go the Statue and then onto Ellis Island. The ferry's run consistently throughout the day. You can literally spend your entire day at the Statue and at Ellis Island. It's rich in history and quite moving when you are standing there.

A'ndrea
Old 09-14-2007, 07:12 AM
We are leaving out of NJ. We fly in to NJ at 10 shuttle to our hotel, change clothes take a cab... we have reservations at the statue for 12:45 but they are good for up to 3 hours. I know the ferry goes to Ellis Is first- this is why I'm saying how long should we stay at Ellis Is to allow enough time at the Statue ...exactly what do you get with this timed pass that others don't?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks Penny- we're hoping they won't be real busy on Thurs Sept 27!
Loved the website.

Closed Thread

Tags
chat, cruise, cruises, ellis, ilsand, island, liberty, lunch, make, people, reservation, reservations, review, reviews, statue