Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 12:14 PM

Well, if you have any suggestion for those destinations We are leaving next April, on the new Splendor, Carnival Cruise, from Long Beach, California. We are from Montreal, so don't think we will go back soon in those area, we want to be able to do the most beautiful things. We love nice beaches... maybe, in Cabo San Lucia, a city tour since there is 'stars' in this area, must be fun doing a tour of those nice houses...
Do you have any suggestions... any Ideas
Thank you!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Puerto Vallarta has some great resorts with beautiful private beaches. One fee will cover all your activities, food and drink for the day. Or there is a lovely downtown area with shops, restaurants, the Cathedral and and the Malecon (boardwalk) that runs the length of the beach.

Mazatlan has some very interesting cultural tours that take you to villages in the foothills of the Sierra Madre. The Golden Zone has the best shopping (variety and prices) of the three ports. There are also beautiful resorts right on the ocean that will let you use their facilities. Stone Island has great cantinas right on the water with very reasonable shrimp and drinks.

Cabo San Lucas is best for beaches and water activities. Take a boat tour to Los Arcos or a catamaran to a secluded bay for snorkling. Sorry, I've never heard of any "tours of stars homes." "Cabo Wabo" is probably as close as you will get to any "stars".
Old 07-12-2009, 08:08 PM

Any thoughts on a specific resort in Puerto? I will be alone and I want to stay safe
Old 07-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Las Caletas is very nice; and I've heard good things about the Sandals resort. If you are traveling alone I would stick to whatever resort your cruise offers as an excursion; it would be better to go with a group.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:12 PM

Thank you for the info. Are you saying that I could use their pool also? Can I pay a fee for an all inclusive day and go back to the ship at night?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Yes, that's how it works. Your fee covers use of the facilities, food and domestic drinks. There is usually an extra fee for equipment rentals (kayaks, jet skis, snorkle gear, etc.) and for premium drinks--although some of the "all-inclusives" actually mean "all-inclusive."

You can make a reservation yourself and provide your own transportation. Or you can book it as a shore excursion through the cruiseline. Another option would be to find 7-8 other passengers who want to go to the same resort and share a van.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Mazatlan has some very interesting cultural tours that take you to villages in the foothills of the Sierra Madre. The Golden Zone has the best shopping (variety and prices) of the three ports. There are also beautiful resorts right on the ocean that will let you use their facilities. Stone Island has great cantinas right on the water with very reasonable shrimp and drinks.

Still a little confused. Would I be able to use their pool for free??? Do you have any idea how much an average all inclusive day might cost?

Thank you
Old 07-14-2009, 10:43 AM
In Mazatlan the El Cid resort in the Golden Zone allows cruise passengers to use their beach and pool at no charge. There is a small fee for towels and change rooms. Food and beverages are reasonably priced.

In Puerto Vallarta, The Hideway at Las Caletas excursion was $89 and The Beach Break excursion was $59. I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of the resort for the Beach Break--I think it was a Marriott or a Sheraton . . . friends that went there said it was fantastic.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:34 PM

Wow that sounds great. Thank you so much. Do you have any idea how far they are from the port?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:58 PM
In Mazatlan, El Cid is a 25 minute open-air cab ride from the ship. The price is $10 for up to 4 people.

In Puerto Vallarta, Las Caletas is a 40 minute water taxi ride from the ship; The Beach Break resort is a 20 minute bus or cab ride from the ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
call, day, facilitys, food, inclusive, mazatlan, packages, poerto, port, powered, puerto, resorts, ski, vallarta, vbulletin