Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 08:52 PM

Hey everyone. Taking my first cruise April 3rd on the Monarch of the Seas. Can anyone recommend a bar in Ensenada? I've heard about Papas and Beer... how do I get there from the ship? One last thing, i've always heard that they don't care about a drinking age in Mexico, but do they really? Thanks everyone! Any comments/suggestions for Ensenada would be great!

Caribbean Travel & Hotel Guide
Old 03-24-2006, 08:48 PM

Hello. Well we did the Monarch for our first cruise. We went to Hussongs Cantina. It is famous/infamous, it is one of the oldest cantinas in Mexico if memory serves me. It is famous though. It is small inside. It was worth it to check out and have a beer. I used to party all the time in Tijuana, just north of Ensenada in my wild and single days, you could drink if you are over 18. I would either take a taxi to the bar areas, or walk. The walk is not that far, we thought. We never went into Papas and Beer, but I have heard some storys. Don't get too drunk and miss the ship leaving. Also be careful of the crooked cops, I have had to bribe them twice, back in my partying days. Just ask a person how to get where you want to go, they will give you directions. Good luck! BE CAREFUL, travel in groups. Bon Voyage Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-25-2006, 10:30 PM

Thanks! Yeah, i'm going with 4 other people on the cruise so I wont be alone. It's a trip with my dad, his gf and her kids. She'll probably stay on the ship with her daughters (they're lik 9 & 11) so I was just looking for somewhere to check out with my dad. I'll check the place out! Thanks again, <3 Kim

Old 03-25-2006, 10:30 PM

Old 03-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Make sure you have carry only small bills - $1s & $5s. Don't carry credit cards, and keep your personal papers, license, ship card close to your body.

Closed Thread

Tags
age, ages, beer, beers, close, cruise, drinking, encenada, ensenada, kids, mexico, papas, reviews, ship, tips