Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2003, 09:38 AM

My husband and I are going on our first cruise for our 10 yr. anniversary. Explorer of the seas 3-8-03. Ports of call are: 1.San Juan 2.Philipsburg,St Maarten. 3.Charlotte Amalie,St. Thomas. 4. Nassau, Bahamas.
Any recommendations on good shore excursions? Any that you definately think are a waste?
We were thinking about the biolumenescent kayak thing, the B.O.B. snorkeling, bike rides, dolphin encounter.... Anyone done any of these?
Looking for all suggestions. We really want to make the most of this vacation as we have three young boys and never get any time to ourselves. LOL!
Thanks for any help.
Oh yeah... can you buy these excursions cheaper from the locals or is it better to pre-book them through the cruise line????
-Laura
Old 01-15-2003, 09:38 AM

My husband and I are going on our first cruise for our 10 yr. anniversary. Explorer of the seas 3-8-03. Ports of call are: 1.San Juan 2.Philipsburg,St Maarten. 3.Charlotte Amalie,St. Thomas. 4. Nassau, Bahamas.
Any recommendations on good shore excursions? Any that you definately think are a waste?
We were thinking about the biolumenescent kayak thing, the B.O.B. snorkeling, bike rides, dolphin encounter.... Anyone done any of these?
Looking for all suggestions. We really want to make the most of this vacation as we have three young boys and never get any time to ourselves. LOL!
Thanks for any help.
Oh yeah... can you buy these excursions cheaper from the locals or is it better to pre-book them through the cruise line????
-Laura
Old 01-19-2003, 12:26 PM

In St. Thomas you should take a taxi to Coki Beach and snorkle. Are you bringing your own equipment? We have our own which to me was worth the money. Bring bread or dog biscuits with you for the fish. You wont regret it.
Old 01-19-2003, 05:40 PM

Hi. No, we don't have our own equipment. Are there places on the beach that will rent to us? I don't see this as a R.C. shore excursion. So I guess we just go and do this on our own when we get there? Thanks.
-Laura
Old 01-20-2003, 08:10 AM

We went to Coki beach this past summer when we were on the Norway. There is a vendor there that will rent you snorkeling gear-fantastic snorkeling-lots of fish near shore and great plant life/coral if you go away from shore. Bring your own dog biscuits-they do sell them there but are a rip off. If you think snorkeling is something you will do often you are probably better off buying your own gear. If you go to Coki on your own it will be much less than the overpriced excursion the cruise line will try to sell you. In St. Marten we just took a cab to Orient Beach, good beach stop but there wasn't any snorkeling to speak of.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:11 AM

Also, go to your local Walmart and buy the disposable under water camera-much less money than on the ship or in the islands.

Closed Thread

Tags
24, beach, bringing, coki, cruise, equipment, excursion, excursions, excusions, explorer, juan, recommed, san, seas, shore