Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2005, 07:19 PM

Hi

We are sailing on the Carnival Liberty on July 20th 2005. My question would be how to get from our hotel in Rome to the Port of Civitavecchia and then on 8/1 back to the airport in Rome.

There are four people in our party and we are trying to decide how to do this. Any suggestions or leads would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 05-15-2005, 07:51 AM

Hmmmm, I would suggest taking the cruise line's transfer on this one. The airport is in the opposite direction from Rome and Civitavecchia is at least an hour's drive from Rome. There is a hotel right at the airport where they usually have everyone congregate, so it is an easy process.

Barring that, the train is a reasonable solution if you are on a budget, but shlepping luggage on and off the train can be an issue. The train station in Civitavecchia is only a block and one-half from the entrance to the cruise terminal.

A taxi might be a reasonable solution, but there are a good number of tansfer companies that will also take you. If you do not have any port time in Rome, I might consider a 1/2 tour of Rome picking you up at your hotel and dropping you in Civitavecchia.

Hope that helps.

Tom
Old 05-16-2005, 06:58 AM

You might want to contact the hotel where you are staying in Rome - the concierge there may be able to make arrangements for your transfer to the port. As for returning to the airport after the cruise, I agree with Tom - your best bet would be to use the cruise lines transfers.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-17-2005, 12:41 PM

Using air-conditioned rail coaches, Sea Train covers the 50 miles in an hour. Their website is due up anyday now. Check it out: www.seatrain.biz

David Landry
Old 05-17-2005, 08:30 PM

I can remember it taking some time to get from the Port to the Airport. I did Princess Transfers. Easier for me
Old 08-21-2005, 02:25 PM

We are also sailing on the Carnival Liberty on Sept 6, 2005. Was the train station in Civitavecchia to the gangway of the ship really that close-a 3-4 min. walk? I read conflicting info regarding the distance from the train station and cannot verify the distance. I'm trying to decide about purchasing transfers for our trip and this information would be helpful. Also I was wondering if the cost of the shore excursions provided by Carnival is better than just trying to make arrangements at each port when we get there?

Closed Thread

Tags
httpwwwseatrainbiz