Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 09:36 AM

I was wondering if anyone had any excursion ideas for the Mexican Riviera itinerary (Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta)? We have four in our party and would like a snorkeling excursion, possibly a jeep excursion, and maybe one more tour of some kind. We like to be near the water. I appreciate any ideas!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Puerto Vallarta would be a good place for the jeep excursion, with its lush vegetation, mountains and rivers.

Cabo San Lucas is a good place for snorkling and water sports. The Pirate Ship is fun; it's not entertainment-driven like the one in P.V. You actually sail out to open water, with some spectacular views of Los Arcos; and it is combined with a snorkling stop.

We very much enjoyed the walking tour of Old Mazatlan. Do it in the morning before it gets too hot; then you can gorge on shrimp on Stone Island, a short water taxi ride from where the ships dock. Or catch the Papantla Flyers, great shopping, good food and beautiful beach at the Golden Zone, a 20 minute open-air taxi ride from the pier.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:22 AM

We did a ATV excursion in Mazatlan and didn't like it at all because of the dust. We had our 10 year old grandson with us and really enjoyed the Pirate Ship in Puerto Vallarta.

Sonny
Old 04-19-2010, 12:50 PM

Thank you for the ideas, f-mattox and Sonny. I'll look into those. The shopping and beach at Golden Zone sound perfect for Mazatlan. My yougest is almost 11 and he would probably enjoy the Pirate ship in P.V.

Sonny - I see we come from the same neck of the woods!! My oldest daughter still travels with us and her boyfriend lives in Caledonia. Nice day out today, right? Thanks for the info!

Dawn

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
cabo, cruise, excursion, excursions, harbor, hmwende, ideas, lucas, mexican, pirate, reviera, review, reviews, riviera, san