Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 01:25 PM

Bon Voyage Luv2Cruise2007
Old 07-12-2009, 09:07 PM

First of all Cabo San Lucas is a wonderful place. We had an incredible day there including my 2 kids swimming with the dolphins. This excursion was great. The staff was awesome and the actual dolphin swim was wonderful. My kids loved it. I would highly recommend it to anyone. They were supposed to be in the water with the dolphins for about 30 minutes but it was acually closer to 1 1/2 hours. They bought several pictures that are really good. What a great day that was.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:48 AM

I am so glad to hear you got to do the swim. It truly was the most awesome experience I've ever had. They are such powerful yet gentle creatures, and so dang smart! You're probably too young to remember Flipper, but I grew up watching that and wanted to be able to have a dolphin. Of course, as I got older, I realized it's not fair to the dolphin. But most of the areas they have for them are right in their natural habitat, and they do give them plenty of room to swim and interact with each other. I'm so happy for you!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:46 AM

That's so great that you enjoyed the excursion. I wonder how the one with the ship is.

I booked a Sea Lion excursion when I went to Samana and was disappointed. Despite the description saying we would swim with the sea lions, we didn't, and the excursion was a lot shorter than advertised. This makes me a little wary of booking the dolphin swim.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:47 AM

Do you get to touch the dolphins and hold on to them while they swim? Were there other people in your group? Do you have to get your own transportation to get you to and from the excursion?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:45 AM

On the swim I did, you definitely got to touch the dolphins, hold on to them and kiss them. There were about 10 in our group, everyone got to swim, everyone got to pet the dolphin, everyone got to kiss her. We got to play, too! Make sure it says the "swim" or the "royal swim", the "experience" you don't get to swim.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:02 AM

Is it done in a private area?

One of the things I didn't like with the sea lion encounter was when we went in the water, it was right there on the beach and people who had not paid the $135 were able to see the sea lions and what was going on. Granted, they didn't get to touch them, but it should still have been more secluded IMO.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabo, carnival, company, cruise, dolphin, dolphins, excursion, lucas, port, review, reviews, san, swim, swimming, yahoocommx