Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 02:25 PM

I am so disappointed. I have talked to Carnival 4 times about booking the Dolphin Swim in Cabo. Each time they assured me that it would be available and would be posted on thier websight to book soon. Today I was told by an extremely rude customer service rep from Carnival that he didn't know why I was told it would be available but it would not. He basically said too bad..deal with it. I was going to book this for my daughter for her birthday. She has wanted to swim with the dophins for years. She is graduating from college this year and this is probably my last chance to give her this gift before she moves out and moves on with her life. I have spoke to Carnival probably 6 or 7 times about this trip and I cannot believe how rude most of their agents are. This is my last Carnival cruise. I am sticking with Royal Caribbean for now on. I have never had a bad cruise or a rude agent with them. Anyway, does anyone know how to book this excursion outside of Carnival?
Old 06-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Trust me, RCI has their share of rude employees too. It isn't something exclusive to Carnival.

I'd feel fine doing a private tour in Cabo. Google "cabo san lucas dolphins" and you'll find tour options. BTW, I moved this to Ports of Call Chat since it isn't a Caribbean port.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:47 PM

Yep, I've encountered a few rude ones too.

Try this email to ask:

shoreexcursions@carnival.com

Maybe they'll know more than the regular agents, I hope so for you.

Dwayne
Old 06-09-2009, 09:13 PM

This company here is a reputible company. They have a dolphin swim.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:39 PM

I was able to book through shoretrips.com. It was more expensive but it is worth being guaranteed that my kids can do this excursion.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:43 AM

I am so glad to hear you were able to book this excursion. There have been very good reports for shoretrips. So sorry to hear the Carnival representative was rude, but it does happen with all lines, unfortunately. I know your daughter will love it. I finally got to do the swim in Cozumel. It was one of the most awesome experiences in my life. I had to wait until I was 50, but it was well worth the wait You did book the swim and not the encounter, I hope. The encounter doesn't give you the interaction with the dolphins that the swim does. The swim is more expensive, but was worth every cent!
Old 06-21-2009, 06:34 AM

Yes I booked the dolphin swim for 2 of my daughters. They are both so excited. We are all getting excited..we cruise in few weeks.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:17 PM

So today, after Carnival was so rude and guarantteed that the dolphin swim would not be available on this cruise, the dolphin swim shows up on my bookable shore excursions. It just seems very unprofessional the way they handled this. The good news is that I was able to book through shoretrips.com but it was more expensive than the ships excursion.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:11 PM

Let us know how you liked the excursion. I'll be there in October and don't have a clue on what we will be doing.

Sonny

Old 07-01-2009, 12:03 PM

Will do. I think my girls are going to love it. They are so excited. Only 5 days until we cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabo, carnival, company, cruise, dolphin, dolphins, excursion, lucas, port, review, reviews, san, swim, swimming, yahoocommx