Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2005, 04:21 PM

I was wondering if there were any laws on children requireing car seats while in the different areas we are going. Grand caymen, roatan, belize city and cozumel. Our son is 19 months old and I was espically wondering about cozumel since we wanted to rent a jeep there. Any advice would be great. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2005, 04:21 PM

I was wondering if there were any laws on children requireing car seats while in the different areas we are going. Grand caymen, roatan, belize city and cozumel. Our son is 19 months old and I was espically wondering about cozumel since we wanted to rent a jeep there. Any advice would be great. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2005, 07:51 AM

Sheryl,
What a great question! I am not positive, but as there are virtually NO laws requiring safety restraints of any kind in Mexico, the likelihood of any child safety seat requirements would be non-existent.

If you find a more definitive answer to this question, please post it.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Banned

In my opinion it is not what is required by law but what I would be confortable with. It is my child and I would want to protect him. I would want to do what is the safest for my child and not what is required by law. In fact in the great lakes a life jacket is required to be worn at all times by anyone under 18 when in a boat. Guess what I am not required to wear one but I do and I am over 18.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:49 AM

You will hard pressed to find any car seats in any of the countries that you are visiting, yet the driving conditions would have me concerned to be traveling with a young child without one. I would take one along with me on the cruise for this purpose.

Have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 01-19-2005, 01:42 PM

Well we did it and it went ok. We just made sure he was always in the back seat so the air bag wouldn't kill him in a car accident. But everything went great, even with renting a jeep in cozumel.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:29 PM

AWESOME! Are you going to write reviews for Cruise and Port Reviews? I would love to read them.

Tmo

Closed Thread

Tags
accident, airbag, america, belize, car, carnival, child, cruise, dies, holland, law, laws, ohio, roatan, seat, seats, wickliffe