Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2005, 05:46 AM

My wife and I are cruising the Mexican Riviera on the Diamond Princess at the end of March. After seeing a segment on a Jungle Canopy tour on the Today show, my wife thought she would like to do this in PV. I contacted Princess and are now on the waitlist for this tour.

I've found the vendor on the internet. They are less expensive but I'm sure this fee dosen't include transportation.

My questions are: Has anyone done this tour? What is your input about it? Are we safe booking this on our own? If we do book this on our own, how do we travel from the boat to the venue?

We would also appeciate any other input about this excursion as well as advice about Puerto Vallarta in general.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:46 AM

My wife and I are cruising the Mexican Riviera on the Diamond Princess at the end of March. After seeing a segment on a Jungle Canopy tour on the Today show, my wife thought she would like to do this in PV. I contacted Princess and are now on the waitlist for this tour.

I've found the vendor on the internet. They are less expensive but I'm sure this fee dosen't include transportation.

My questions are: Has anyone done this tour? What is your input about it? Are we safe booking this on our own? If we do book this on our own, how do we travel from the boat to the venue?

We would also appeciate any other input about this excursion as well as advice about Puerto Vallarta in general.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:44 AM

While I haven't done the tour in PV, I have done it in Costa Rica and it is a great experience. The canopy ride is south of the main part of PV and there is a lot to see there. You have two options. You can negotiate for a taxi to take you on tour for the day (costs about $100) and then you can do the tour and see quite a bit more while you are at it.

Or, you could rent a car for the day. Driving is reasonably sane in and around PV and again, there is a lot to see and do. You shouldn't have any p[roblems booking the tour directly with the company. You will also find numerous tour operators selling the tour at the cruise terminal's shopping area that might include transportation, as well.

Enjoy Puerto Vallarta

Tom
Old 02-23-2005, 03:25 PM

Thanks Tom appreciate the info

Harry

Closed Thread