Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 10:10 AM

First time to Bermuda and want to do it right and see the best. Ship Docks at King's Wharf.
Wifey & I will be there 2 days. I figure to do Horseshoe Beach the first day, earliest to early/mid afternoon. I've always wanted to try a segway and might do that after the beach.

I'm thinking about 1 of the 2 glass botton boats, can't decide on the daytime or nighttime excursions.

Thinking about a bus tour either the Hamilton & st. George Highlights or the Bermuda Island Tour. I figure that If I like the Island I'll come back for more.

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated. I am active but wifey doesn't care to walk too much.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Hi Bill. I've been to Bermuda several times... it is a beautiful place, and easy to get around by local transportation and ship excursions.

As this is your first time to Bermuda, I do recommend the Bermuda Island tour. If this is the same tour I took -- 5 hours -- it is fabulous and really gives you the lay of the land. You see a lot of the islands and get off at several points of interest. I believe I waited until my third visit to do this, and still enjoyed it.

Getting to Horseshoe Beach from King's Wharf is easy by public bus. I believe it's the #7 that goes to the South Shore beaches. Let the driver know where you want to get off the bus. It's then a walk down a steep hill to the beach. Last time I was there (summer 2006), a van would bring you to the top for a couple of US$ per person if you didn't want to walk.

I haven't done the segway or glass-bottomed boat tours, so I'll leave it to someone knowledgeable about these to comment.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Hi Bill
Bermuda is absolutely lovely provided the weather co-operates. Definately see horshoe beach. Tobacco beach is beautiful as well, but it's small and can be very crowded if more than one ship is in post.

We did the glass bottom boat tour at night. It was a great trip. Bermudians understand that tourism is the source of their revenue. The captain of the boat was very knowledgeable and entertaining. If you wait and book this right at the dock you can sae about 5 dollars per person. Since you will be there for 2 days you'll be sure to make it back to the ship! Of course if you book an excursion through the cruise line you can buy your passes for the public bus/ferry on board an skip the long line at the dock.

The caves are also worth a look and a great thing to do if the weather doesn't co-operate with you.

Also, if you like to snorkel, you should check out the snorkel park right in the dockyard. It's 5 dollars to get in, but there is a truly amazing reef just off shore. You can also rent jet skis, pedal boats and floating tubes there.
Whatever you do, have fun an report back!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers

Tags
beaches, bermuda, bus, cruise, excursions, hour, jet, kings, land, review, reviews, ski, tour, tours, wharf