Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 01:29 AM

We get back to Seattle on the Rhapsody of the Seas early in the morning of the 9th of July, and we fly out to Calgary at 2.40 pm that same day.
Any suggestions of what to do in between times?
Is there anywhere we can store luggage for a couple of hours?
Any suggestions will be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:12 AM

There are several things that would be fun to do, but I'm not sure if there are luggage storage facilities at the cruise ship terminal. You could walk to the famous Pike Place Market, or take a taxi to Pioneer Square for the Underground Tour of city streets that were under the current streets.

If Royal Caribbean is offering a post-cruise tour of Seattle, you may want to consider that. They take you and your luggage on a tour, which ends at the airport. It's a very convenient way to do touring, transfer and luggage handling all at the same time.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:02 PM

Hi Acarya.

Seattle's a great city. I like Sandy's suggestion of going to the Pike Place Market. If you go there, go to the Fish Market on the top floor (street level) for the experience.

If you have time, you may also want to consider going to the top of the Space Needle at Seattle Center. That's a great view of the city!

Seeing as how you've only got a few hours, it's hard to say what to do. As far as luggage storage, I think the Seattle train station has an area for luggage holding. I'm not sure how much it is, but I think it's pretty reasonable, and cabs should be easy to get there when you go back to get your luggage and head to the airport.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, hours, luggage, market, pikes, place, seatac, seattle, ship, storage, store, suitcases, terminal