Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2005, 07:17 PM

Nancy we have chatted about an excursion in Grand Cayman with the Buccaneer since 2/2/05. I took your suggestion and tried booking Buccaneer but they are booked. They suggested Bryan but the reason I did not pick them was because of the meeting time. They would have us meet at the office at 8:45 am and we were told there was a chance we would not make it because of our tendering. I also checked with Soto who meets at 8:30 am and the other company was Capt. Marvin who met at 8:00 am. Do you have any suggestions on who we could go with? Do you know anything about these companies?
Please respond I do not want to miss the stringray and snorkeling excursion.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:17 PM

Nancy we have chatted about an excursion in Grand Cayman with the Buccaneer since 2/2/05. I took your suggestion and tried booking Buccaneer but they are booked. They suggested Bryan but the reason I did not pick them was because of the meeting time. They would have us meet at the office at 8:45 am and we were told there was a chance we would not make it because of our tendering. I also checked with Soto who meets at 8:30 am and the other company was Capt. Marvin who met at 8:00 am. Do you have any suggestions on who we could go with? Do you know anything about these companies?
Please respond I do not want to miss the stringray and snorkeling excursion.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:55 AM

Boy, you do seem to be having difficulty with getting this trip booked. All of the companies you mention are good and quite reputabe, but since time is the major issue, have you checked ShoreTrips? I know they offer Stingray City tours that fit your time frame. There is a 2 snorkel stop that meets at 10:45 and a 3 snorkel stop that meets at 9:15. I believe either of those would work. Here is a direct link to those specific trips:
http://www.caribbean-shore-excursion...randCayman.htm

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-04-2005, 05:39 AM

Nancy,
Again thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will check on shore excursions afer work. Do you know anything about stringraycitys.com. I have emailed them about a tour.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:36 AM

Good luck with your plans. I have never heard of stingraycitys.com so I can provide no information.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-05-2005, 10:28 AM

Howdy again Nancy....
I made a confirmation with Captain Marvin 3 stop tour in Grand Cayman late last night. His tour meets at 9:30 am Eastern time our ship (royal caribbean) arrives at 7:00 am. I would hope this would be enough time for us to make it. I am just hoping for the best and that Captain Marvin has slots open.
By the way when the ship has us arriving at 7:00am and leaving at 4:00 pm in Grand Cayman would this be Central or Eastern time?
Old 02-05-2005, 03:28 PM

Ah! That is a good qustion. Since you will be leaving from Galveston the ship will start out in Central time. However, since all of the ports you are visiting will be on the same time as EST this time of year, I believe they will make the time change. In fact, I know when I was on the Rhapsody out of Galveston last April we changed the ship's time to match the ports.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread