Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2004, 12:26 PM

Has anyone experienced the Constellation's Canada fall(Sept. 11-24) cruise? Mainly what I would like info on is their excursions. Do you have input on which you liked, which you would avoid, etc,...
The ports of call are- Newport, Sydney, Corner Brook, Quebec City, Halifax, Saint John. Thanks, Paul
Old 09-21-2004, 12:26 PM

Has anyone experienced the Constellation's Canada fall(Sept. 11-24) cruise? Mainly what I would like info on is their excursions. Do you have input on which you liked, which you would avoid, etc,...
The ports of call are- Newport, Sydney, Corner Brook, Quebec City, Halifax, Saint John. Thanks, Paul
Old 09-21-2004, 07:35 PM

Not really an answer to your questions, but my wife is on the Jewel of the Seas right now (9/21) on this itinerary in 30 foot plus seas. She has been sick all day and she is tough, so it must be a rough ride.

They had to cancel their port call today, as well.

Tom
Old 09-22-2004, 11:32 AM

Thanks Tom, I Heard the QM2 canceled their call to Corner Brook on the 21th. We can only hope things will quiet down real soon.
Paul
Old 09-29-2004, 10:31 AM

Paul,
I just returned from the cruise on the Jewel (The same one that Tom's wife was on) and we canceled our port of call in Sydney due to the winds (gusting in excess of 100 mph) and rough seas. It definitely was a wild ride for a while. However, the good news was that when our call in Sydney was canceled, we overnighted in Quebec City. As it turns out, this alternative is a much better itinerary. Most of us were planning on staying onboard the day we were in Sydney as there is very little to see or do there. I am presently writing a mega-review for CruiseReviews which will include details about the ports that you might find helpful.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-02-2004, 08:46 AM

Thank you NancyN, I have been contacted by my driver in New Foundland on Friday(Oct.1), that at Cornerbrook at least, the seas are getting back to normal. I will like to read your review when your done. Did you not have an interest in the Fortress of Louisbourgh?
We are to have two days in Quebec city. One day, I believe, we will see the old fort and carriage ride. The next day, I have been trying to set up horseback riding with a few ranch's. The only hitch so far is that these ranch's don't respond to well by e-mail, and they don't speak enough english to communicate w/ me on the phone, (nor I, enough French likewise). Does anyone have a suggestion? Thank you, Paul

Closed Thread

Tags
brook, celebrity, constellation, corner, jewel, seas