Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 AM

Hi, hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

Besides the must-see attractions, we want to go to St Martins when we visit Saint John, Canada in October. Should we (6 people) make reservation for a Van/Taxi or will there be plenty of taxi services to choose when you get off the ship? Do you negotiate the price when talking with the drivers? Thanks.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Administrator

With six people, I suggest that you reserve a taxi service in advance. According to http://www.tourismsaintjohn.com/, there are taxis available at the pier, and they charge a flat rate of $50 (US/Canadian) per hour for up to four people, negotiable for longer distances. (Search for "taxi" to find this information.) The site also has links to various taxi/tour companies. I haven't done this -- we've always navigated Saint John by foot or by ship tour, so I can't make a recommendation, but at least it's a start.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:30 PM

Thank you Lisa! I have made the reservation. Getting excited about the trip.

Tags
brunswick, cab, canada, cruise, forums, john, johns, people, port, saint, ship, st, taxi, tours, visit