Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2004, 07:23 PM

We are booked on NCL Superstar Leo sailing Aug 21. We arrive in Seattle and the 19th so that we can do some sightseeing. We have purchased our own airfare. Does anyone know the best way to get to the port from downtown Seattle (not sure of the hotel yet)? and then the best way to get from the ship to the airport? Was thinking that a taxi might be the best way, but I wasn't sure. Any help would be great. Also, any sightseeing ideas are welcome.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:23 PM

We are booked on NCL Superstar Leo sailing Aug 21. We arrive in Seattle and the 19th so that we can do some sightseeing. We have purchased our own airfare. Does anyone know the best way to get to the port from downtown Seattle (not sure of the hotel yet)? and then the best way to get from the ship to the airport? Was thinking that a taxi might be the best way, but I wasn't sure. Any help would be great. Also, any sightseeing ideas are welcome.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:41 PM

Depending on which hotel you use, they might provide a free shuttle to the port. If not, a taxi wouldn't be a bad option, as it's not much of a distance from downtown. Enjoy Alaska! Wish I was going too!
Old 03-23-2004, 06:49 AM

mommiemudd,
Hi, I will be getting back from a 7 day cruise aboard the SuperStar Leo, which I think, is changing name to the NCL Spirit. I'm going until the 7th of August, so if I'm thinking, I'll try to get on-line and let you know what I learned. Very much looking forward to August. Flying out of Columbus, OH into Seattle on the 30th of July, spending the night in Seattle, and then board the ship on the 31 July.
Write back and we can compare notes.

Matt Vanscoy
Old 03-23-2004, 07:52 PM

Matt, I would love to hear about your trip. The weather, excursions, etc. Please keep me posted. Thanks!
Old 04-23-2004, 11:32 AM

HI: Seattle Airport is a flat 25.00 taxi ride to downtown Seattle. The taxis are at the airport waiting so no problem catching one. From any Seattle hotel to the Pier is about 5.00 taxi, not far at all (within walking distance if you did not have the luggage)

Seattle is a great town, if you are into baseball you could get tics to the game and walk from any hotel in town. Pike Place Market is very fun, lots of local artists, fresh veggies and fish. Also plenty of shopping around. Great restaurants as well.

If you would like more info on hotel and restaurants, let me know your budget and what you are thinking and I'll give you lots of options.

Seattle is a very friendly and safe town, I feel lucky enough to have moved here from the East Coast 10 years ago; Wouldn't live anywhere else.

Hope this helps, let me know if you want anything else......enjoy your trip
Old 06-04-2004, 12:13 PM

DST: We got a great rate pn Priceline for the Best Western Eecutive. I think it is on Taylor Ave downtown. We plan on doing an Argosy cruise, the aquarium, Pike Place Market and the Space needle. Do you think we need a rental car?
Old 06-04-2004, 12:44 PM

Dana: Everything you mentioned is within walking distance (if in good shape) or a cheap taxi ride. To get to the Needle you would take the monorail (which is closed right now because of a fire but will be up and running at the end of the week) Seattle is a very friendly place and easier to walk than to find a parking space. I would save money on a car and have a nice dinner. If you need any help in that area let me know, lots of great restaurants around!

Debi
Old 06-04-2004, 06:40 PM

Thanks Debi! I think we may cancel our rent a car and just make do. I don't want parking to be an issue.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:07 AM

Grayline operates a motor coach from the airport to several hotels and I believe I paid $10 for the transfer. They dropped me a the hotel closest to the pier and then I grabbed a taxi for $5 to the terminal. It was painless.

Tom

Closed Thread