Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Ports of Call Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/ports-call-chat/)
-   -   Celebrity Cruise - 14 day scandinavian (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/ports-call-chat/723-celebrity-cruise-14-day-scandinavian.html)

Cruzy 03-21-2009 03:52 PM

Looking for any suggestions for excursions for this cruise.

LisaP 03-21-2009 05:29 PM

Welcome aboard. What are your ports of call, including ports of embarkation/debarkation?

janfred 03-21-2009 07:47 PM

Cruzy,

Would this be the one, if so I can tell you what I think, we did this one for our 25th Anniv it was fantastic and a very busy cruise.

Amsterdam, Holland, Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany, Stockholm, Sweden, Helsinki, Finland, St. Petersburg, Russia, Tallinn, Estonia, Copenhagen, Denmark, Amsterdam, Holland

cruisinggal 03-27-2009 06:37 PM

Hi Janfred.......we are doing the exact same ports as you listed for your 25th anniversary.
Can you advise, which of those ports we can walk directly into town? Therefore, we won't need to do a tour. If you can offer any suggestions/help with what to do or tours to take in any of these ports, I would appreciate it. Thanks

janfred 03-29-2009 04:20 AM

Cruisinggal,
You can walk off and go into town in Stockholm, Helsinki and Tallinn. We didn't do that we did take tours in all ports. It was fun to go to the Ice Bar in Stockholm and we did a walking tour (seems crazy to pay to go walking) but it was nice to get some of the History etc. Sailing into Stockholm is so beautiful reminded us of the inside passageway in Alaska. You will love Tallinn, Estonia it is a Fairy Tale looking city and you can walk into town. Now St. Petersburg you can not just get off the ship and walk around, you are in a ship yard that takes about 3 miles to get out of. My best advice here is take a private tour with DenRus, I have posted about it in the past. How often will you be in Russia, it is worth every penny, we had 2 days of a private car and a guide and driver it was unbelivable, we past hugh lines and went right in all popular places, we even had lunch in Putin's favorite place, Padvorie's, I had to try the borscht! When the ship docks at Warnemude in Germany you are right where the train is to go to Berlin, it is a 2 1/2 to 3 hour train ride, it was nice to see alot of the country side and when I lived in Franfurt Germany we were not allowed to go to East Germany so that was a must for us (Air Force Retired). In Helsinki we took a glass tour of the Iitalla Glass factory (skip that one) than we went to a Medeival in the Hamlet of Hameen that was very interesting. In Copenhagen we went on a tour to small fishing village of Dragor, loved it very beautiful and we were treated to a real Danish, Danish! Our ship also took us to Gdanski, Poland we went to see Stuffhof concentration camp, it was an unbelivable experience. We also stopped in Oslo, Norway and Klaipeda, Lithuania another beautiful countryside in one of the old Eastern Block countries. We were on a 12 day cruise and stopped in 9 ports in 10 days....it was busy and I would do it all over again. What an experience you will have a wonderful time. I hope I helped and please feel free to ask me anything else. I could write a book on this trip! We did end the trip with 3 days in Amsterdam, let me know when you get back!