Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 11:38 AM
I have heard they have buses that run every 15 min to loop the island...should we do that or rent a car. Suggestions on what to see....Her Majesty's Prison, Lighthouse Nature Park, The Salt Ponds, Old Town Grand Turk, The Clock Tower, Columbus Landfall National Park(Grand Turks Govenor's Beach), Turks Head Mansion.
Also I heard there is a train you can take to the Columbus Landfall National Park....
Old 09-22-2008, 01:54 PM

Since Grand Turk was leveled by the hurricane, I don't know what will be left. The reports were that 80% of the homes were destroyed. If they're back up and running, we did a snorkel there through the ship that took us to 2 stops. One was for the coral and one was for the fish. It was a great snorkel, crystal clear water. I am sure that the coral formations took a pounding, though. I'd be surprised if they stopped there, although, I did hear the pier survived. They had just built that area. There's a nice beach there (or was), with some nice shops (or were). We didn't tour the island there, our snorkel took up most of our time.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:08 PM
When we were there this winter they had a guy renting golf carts just outside the port gates for $60-$80. for the day seats 4
You can see the whole island in 1 hr or less just driving around.
Depends on the condition of the island now what you can see there.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 09-22-2008, 05:46 PM
There is information at the website for the Grand Turk Cruise Center http://www.grandturkcc.com/

It says that it will re-open Oct 8, 2008
Old 09-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the info! we go there Dec 1st so hopefully all will be well. Thank you for the website- very helpful....
Old 11-20-2008, 02:44 AM

We were there in May 2008 and went to the beach and tried snorkeling for the first time and loved it so much we bought our own gear for the next cruise to Cozumel and Grand Cayman and Ocho rios. We do want to go back to Grand Turks and Half moon cay one day. Maybe we could add on St. thomas and St. Martin on that trip. They did have buses that went from the beach back to the pier about every 15 minutes at Grand Turks..

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, caicos, caicus, cruise, feb, fish, gran, grand, islands, port, review, reviews, season, turk, turks, turkscaicos