Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2007, 05:23 PM

Need some ideas please. Midwest Airlines has changed our flight itinerary and we now have to stay an extra day around the Port Canaveral area after our cruise. Anyone have any idea of sight seeing things to do other than the Astronaut tour or Beaches or even if we go into Orlando other than Disney World? Right now our first choice would be a one night stay at a nice Beachfront resort in the area. All ideas greatly appreciated.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:36 PM

Do you fly direct from MCI to Miami? Seems to me they should offer you a hotel or something but they probably won't. I hope someone else will help with ideas for you.

Not entirely bad to have an extra day, right?

By the way I have been to KC so many times I can't count. I met my wife in college in Minnesota and she is from Independence, I-70 & Nolan Rd. area.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:50 PM

The airport is really not right in Orlando. I would get an airport hotel as a first thing. That way you don't have to worry about transportation on flight day. There is not alot to do between the port and the airport, if you don't like Kennedy or Cocoa Beach.

I will try to look some more for you.

Sorry to hear this happened to you,

IslandCruz
Old 04-05-2007, 08:21 AM

Yes ChefKen, directly from MCI to Orlando. Know the area very well around Noland road and I-70. Not far at all from where I grew up in Blue Springs. My daughter goes to college in Mankato and MNSU. Small world......
Old 04-05-2007, 01:49 PM

You are correct, it is a small world. How many years does she have left at MNSU?

BTW: Arrowhead stadium issue resolved?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:48 PM

Just finishing her Freshman year. Arrowhead issues are never fully resolved, always someone unhappy but yes all the bonds and taxes passed in the last election so we now have 575 mil to upgrade and renovate.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
The airport is really not right in Orlando. I would get an airport hotel as a first thing. That way you don't have to worry about transportation on flight day. There is not alot to do between the port and the airport, if you don't like Kennedy or Cocoa Beach.

I will try to look some more for you.

Sorry to hear this happened to you,

IslandCruz
IslandCruz - We are looking at Cocoa Beach. Do you happen to know of the place "Resort on Cocoa Beach"? It looks like maybe one of the better places to stay. So for the other questions there are 4 of us, mom and dad in mid 40's and two teenage daughters 18 and 16 so not really into anything Disney....
Old 04-09-2007, 02:56 PM

SeaWorld is pretty near the airport...don't know if you're interested in that...

If you like thrill rides, you might like Universal instead of Disney. There are 2 parks (separate admission into them unless you get an inclusive ticket) and Islands of Adventure has more thrill rides, and Universal has movie themed rides - "The Mummy" ride is really the only thrill ride at that park, it's an indoor roller coaster (it doesn't go upside down) and it's my favorite!

Universal probably won't be as crowded as Disney at this time of year, but who knows. If you look online you might be able to get a special on tickets. It's also fairly near the airport - I'd say not more than a 20 minute drive, 30 minutes max.

There's always lots to do in Orlando, and we haven't been to Cocoa (we've only lived here a little over a year), but we've heard great things about that beach. It's probably an hour's drive from the airport, maybe a little less. Good luck! If you have any more questions about Orlando, feel free to PM me!

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 4/2007
Carnival Conquest 2/2004

Closed Thread

Tags
canaveral, cruise, ideas, port