Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Ports of Call Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/ports-call-chat/)
-   -   Cruising with kids (little ones) (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/ports-call-chat/8946-cruising-kids-little-ones.html)

John G 01-09-2003 07:53 PM

Am taking the wife and little ones (6,4,3,and 1) on a Western Caribbean cruise end of Feb '03. Ports of call are : Belize, Roatan - Honduras, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Please provide some helpful info as to what excursions would suit my crew. Thank you. Has anyone been to Roatan before or am I the first?

John G 01-09-2003 07:53 PM

Am taking the wife and little ones (6,4,3,and 1) on a Western Caribbean cruise end of Feb '03. Ports of call are : Belize, Roatan - Honduras, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Please provide some helpful info as to what excursions would suit my crew. Thank you. Has anyone been to Roatan before or am I the first?

CruisenBoy2 01-10-2003 01:54 PM

Hey you will have your hands full traveling with 4 little kids. We have one two year old and she was a handful. Be sure to book a suite or a family suite as the regular cabins are really tight..no matter what cruise line you choose.
We are planning on going to Roatan for two weeks this fall of 2003. It looks great for beaches and snorkeling, but not developed like other tourist traps in the caribbean. Friends said that it was the best island they have ever sailed to and want to go back. Have agood cruise

lallybrock 02-15-2003 09:07 AM

I am traveling on the same itinerary as you but not until Nov. We have 3 kids (16, 7, 4) and have done research to see what there is. We don't want to do a ship excursion because it seems too costly w/all of the people that we have to pay for. You can take a taxi ($15) or public bus ($.80/pp)to West End Village. Takes approx 25/30 min. There is shopping, diving shops and restaurants here. You can either stay here to swim & dive or take a water taxi ($1.20/pp) to West Bay Beach. Takes approx 5 min. You can also take a land taxi here but I am told that you shouldn't miss the water taxi because you are going over the beautiful water. The beaches/snorkeling on West Bay are supposed to be the most beautiful. Plop down on the beach and relax or rent snorkeling equipment. Some of the hotels have day use of their beach area. The cheapest I found was Foster's for $10/pp use of the palapas (thing you sit under for some shade)showers, 1 free drink. They also have a restaurant, bar and snorkeling gear for extra. I got this info from www.roatanet.com

rossincozumel 02-18-2003 07:43 AM

Lots of stuff to do here in Cozumel -- it's a very kid-friendly place. Because there are so many of you, you might even consider getting a tour guide for a half day which would at the same time serve as your transportation. You can design you own tour, which might include stops at several beach clubs as well as travelling to the other side of the island to check out the white sand beaches and open sea. You could grab a bite over there at one of the beach cabanas and the kids could play in the waves (swimming not recommended due to current). When friends come to visit and we don't have enough room in the car for everyone, we use Island Tours. Would be happy to hook you up it it sounds like what you want.

You can also go to cozumelinsider.com which has tons of information about things to do here on the island.

Enjoy!

Ross in Cozumel