Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 08:33 PM

Trying to find some information on Port Stanley Penguin tours.
There are 2 offerings with Princess:
Bluff Cove OR Sparrow Cove

Anyone been?? Advise needed.
Thanks!
Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 01-03-2007, 12:33 PM

Best to plan an alternate as many cruises wind up bypassing the Falklands because of weather. We had to bypass on 12/14/06 because the seas were running 30+ feet and the wind was blowing 75kts across our bow. We were informed that often, the seas and the wind are too severe to tender in. We visited a Magellan penquin colony on a shore excursion at Punta Arenas, Chile.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:40 PM

Appreciate your response.
We'll see how lucky we get.

Yes, we also will probably book the tour in Punta Arenas too

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 06-28-2007, 07:55 PM

Dear cruise travellers,

My name is Francesca from Punta Arenas, Chile and I am very glad to inform you that I have started my own business so I am providing half or full day shore excursions in Punta Arenas for cruise travellers or people who don't have enough time to spend in our city.

Some people knew about me when I was working in very good travel agencies of Punta Arenas so I have enough experience in arranging these kind of private or regular tours such us Otway Sound Penguin Rockery, Fort Bulnes, kayaking on the Strait of Magellan, Punta Arenas city tour including good transportation and bilingual tourist guides. I was told there are some reviews from my previous clients at www.cruisecritic.com or www.frommers.com

At the moment you can contact me at shoreexcursionspuq@gmail.com and I can reply your questions or doubts about what to do in Punta Arenas. I will let you know when my official website is ready.

Sincerely,

Francesca
Punta Arenas - Chile
Old 08-03-2007, 06:49 PM

Hi, We were in Port Stanley this March. We were lucky and made a landing a day before bad weather hit. Actually we went to a penquin rookery when we got off the ship with a local group. There are vans near the end of the pier that run back and forth out to one of them ( i don't remember the name ) for about $10 roundtrip and you can come back when you want. It was an OK trip. Several penquins and we got some pretty good pictures.

Closed Thread

Tags
arenas, chile, excursion, excursions, falkland, falklands, islands, penguin, port, pt, punta, shore, stanley, sweaters, tours