Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 01:52 PM

We are sailing on Carnival's Pride on Jan 18th. My husband and I are in our 50's, son and daughter-in-law in their 30's and our other son, 23. I have been reading many excursion boards. I am limited with walking because of neck/back and a shattered foot, so we can't do any active excursions. I want to book Randi's Happy Horse excursion for our son/daughter in law in Mazatlan. My youngest son wants to go parasailing and jet skiing. I read a review about a place in Cabo called the Mango Deck, and it said they had parasailing and jet skiing. Has anyone gone there, and could you give us your opinions, please. We thought in Puerto V. we would do the enclusion resort getaway. I don't want to risk my son missing out on his parasailing, but would rather not book through CC because it is so expensive. We also thought we would do the Stone Town tour while the others were on the horseback riding tour - any input on that would be appreciated, too! Thanks in advance - everyone on this board seems so nice!
Old 07-19-2008, 02:16 PM

tomah,

Just wanted to welcome you to cruise-chat! I don't have any info on the excursions you're looking at but am sure there will be helpful replies coming your way.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Hello, tomah and welcome from me also.

I have only been to the Mexican Riviera on Princess, and while I'm sure the tours are similar, I really shouldn't comment on a tour on which I haven't actually been.

I will say the all-inclusive in Puerto Vallarta is a much better choice than the City, Costal, and Countryside Drives for a less-active excursion.

And while I understand completely your desire to avoid the higher prices of the ship sponsored parasailing and jet ski excursions, I have seen some pretty shoddy equipment used by the "book on the pier" vendors. There are of course some very reputable operators also. But given the short time you have in these ports, are you sure you can pick the right ones on the spot? Not that you get any guarantees with the ship tours, but at least they have undergone a certain level of sscrutiny.

Just my opinion, tomah; but if it were one of my sons, considering the hazardous nature of parasailing in particular, I wouldn't spare any expense.

Closed Thread

Tags
happy, horse, randi, review