Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 05:09 AM

We are going on a cruise to New England in September 2007. We would appreciate any input on excursions that were offered. We also have some concern about the weather, and the roughness of the sea at this time of year.
Thanks in advance for you input!

Read and post cruise reviews

Old 03-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Hi blotter. I answered you here: http://cruise-chat.com/eve/forums/a/...1/m/3241000792

Happy to answer any questions on the original thread.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:36 PM

Onw thing you may want to be aware of is the fog banks off the New England coast. If you hit one, you get to hear the fog horn blast every minute or two. It's better than hitting another vessel but it can get annoying. I've taken two crusies to Nova Scotia/St John and it happned both times. Still had fun!
Old 03-18-2007, 05:21 AM

We traveled on RCI round trip from Baltimore to Quebec City several years ago. Our first stop was at Bar Harbor. We opted for the all day trip to Acadia National Park and Cadillac Mountain. The sights are not to be missed from the top of Cadillac Mountain - it was a clear day. The bus trip was too long and didn't allow for any wandering time in Bar Harbor, which we would have loved to explore. In Halifax, NS, we took a walking tour. Our guide, dressed in a kilt, took us through gardens, toured the Citadel and on to the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic where we learned about the city's role in the Titanic disaster. In St. Johns, NB, we also did the walking tour that visited the City Market, gardens and a church. Quebec City was very cold that 3rd week in Sept. We did the combination walking and carriage tour that passed the Fairmont Le Chateau Fontenac. A must see is the trompe-l'oeil Quebec City Mural. Sailing home, our ship went up the Saguenay River. Make sure you are on deck to watch the scenery and look for whales. Our final stop was Portland. There we took the tour out to Cape Elizabeth. The wild roses were in bloom and the shrubs covered with bright red rose hips - a very beautiful spot. We enjoyed free time to wander around the town after our tour.

As to weather: Our cruise caught the tail end of a tropical storm so the seas did get rough for a few hours. For the most part the seas were slight. We did encounter cold rain. I believe it was in the low 40's some mornings. The trees hadn't begun to change colors yet though. Things we needed were rain gear, sweaters and gloves. Of course, weather may be completely different while you're there. It was only after looking at our pictures that I remembered the cold and rain. Our memories of that trip are filled with light houses, ocean views, blue sky, beautiful scenery and friendly people.

Enjoy your trip!
Old 03-18-2007, 06:39 AM

Thank you so much for the information on the New England cruise that you went on. We are looking forward to our cruise in September, and your description of your trip, only makes us more excited. Our concerns about the weather and the sea can't put a damper on this trip. There are no bad cruises, as far as we are concerned!! Thank you again for your input!!

Old 05-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by blotter:
We are going on a cruise to New England in September 2007. We would appreciate any input on excursions that were offered. We also have some concern about the weather, and the roughness of the sea at this time of year.
Thanks in advance for you input!
We are going in September as well. If your cruise is Sept 29th, let me know and I will add you to our roll call!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:41 AM

We are going to be on the Constellation on Sep. 27th. I was just inquiring about the weather at that time of year in New England. Have a wonderful cruise!!

Old 05-01-2007, 12:26 PM
We are going Sept 29/Explorer of the Seas!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Blotter: where exactly are your ports? Lisa has been a great help to us and I've done a lot of research on the things to see and do. You can email me at deepsea29c@yahoo.com and I can let you know what we're doing.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:44 PM

We have been on line and looked at the excursions offered. We are traveling with another couple and have not had time to get together and pick anything. My husband and I are not big fans of excursions that include water and small boats. New England is great for this type of activity...but we prefer land excursions. I have no doubt we will be able to find something wonderful to do!! We always do!!

Closed Thread

Tags
call, cruise, england, ports, reivews, review, reviews