Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2005, 02:21 PM

I will be leaving in a few days for a full transit Panama Canal cruise. Does anyone have any suggestions for a "must do" at this port?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-15-2006, 08:52 AM

Hi Nancy

I to am going full transit though the Panama Canal. I was just wondering what did you do at this port? Also what other ports did you visit?
Old 05-01-2006, 06:31 AM

We went to the top of the Poas(sp?)volcano. Great views from comfortable bus. Route to mountain takes you into and through a couple of the larger towns and you get some appreciation of what CR is all about. Tour also included a typical Cost Rican lunch (Chicken, Beans, and of course rice)and stops at touristy gift shops. Volcano was great(but required a walk uphill for about 1/2 mile), tour guide was great, lunch was OK, tourist traps were actually OK - clean and not pushy.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:55 AM

Hi, we did the Tortuga island cruise and loved it. It's a catamaran that takes you to a small island with a great beach. Here is a link to there site.
http://www.puntarenas.com/puntarenas/tortuga.html
Old 05-03-2006, 01:48 PM

When I did my Panama Canal cruise I signed up for a tour there and was warned: we often have to cancel tours here depending on the weather. I guess it rains a lot. They did cancel two of the tours three days out then the night before we got there Royal Caribbean cancelled every tour!

We were there on a bright sunny day but I guess it had rained a lot for the couple of weeks before we arrived. I hope you find something that appeals to you but don't get yourself all set to do it to the point you will be sad if it doesn't happen.

Caribbean Travel Articles

Closed Thread

Tags
call, costa, cruise, forum, guatemala, location, port, puerto, punta, puntarenas, quetzal, renas, rica