Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2003, 12:21 PM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Why We Like Princess` Personal Choice Dinning:

We like the traditional type seating, having the same table and the same servers for the entire cruise. We like getting to know our servers and having them get to know us. They quickly learn what we like and how we like to be served and by the second night we are well on our way to having a good dinning experience. Itís much the same as many of us do when we go to our favorite restaurant back home. We usually have a favorite waiter or waitress we ask for, who knows what we like and dislike. Sometimes we even ask for our favorite table. We found that PC gives us everything we like about traditional dinning, and some important extras. Remember. Weíre talking about the early seating, 6-6:30. The later times are a slightly different story. Its very difficult to get a table for two on most cruise lines but at these early hours in PC, you can get a table for two without any problem. If you like the table, you can make a reservation for the next night, for the same table. You will have the same servers because the servers remain in the same station. Being all the tables are not seated at the same time, it is much, much quieter in PC dinning.

When we had the early seating in traditional dinning, there was always a couple hundred people waiting in line for the dinning room doors to open. And when there opened, itís like being in the middle of a cattle stampede. Mary & I always waited fifteen minutes or so, until everything settled down before we went into the dinning room. The PC dinning rooms on the Princess ships take on a totally different atmosphere than the regular dinning room and the service is much quicker because the waiterís station is rarely full at the early times. If you are late coming back from an excursion, you can call and make a later reservation. When you leave the dinning room that evening, you will usually be able to make a reservation for the same table for two you had the previous evening. If you would like a table for two so you can have a romantic dinner with your spouse, the early seating in PC is meant for you. (If you have any questions about PC dinning, send us an e-mail)

Warm regards,
Tom & mary

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)
Old 11-17-2003, 12:21 PM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Why We Like Princess` Personal Choice Dinning:

We like the traditional type seating, having the same table and the same servers for the entire cruise. We like getting to know our servers and having them get to know us. They quickly learn what we like and how we like to be served and by the second night we are well on our way to having a good dinning experience. Itís much the same as many of us do when we go to our favorite restaurant back home. We usually have a favorite waiter or waitress we ask for, who knows what we like and dislike. Sometimes we even ask for our favorite table. We found that PC gives us everything we like about traditional dinning, and some important extras. Remember. Weíre talking about the early seating, 6-6:30. The later times are a slightly different story. Its very difficult to get a table for two on most cruise lines but at these early hours in PC, you can get a table for two without any problem. If you like the table, you can make a reservation for the next night, for the same table. You will have the same servers because the servers remain in the same station. Being all the tables are not seated at the same time, it is much, much quieter in PC dinning.

When we had the early seating in traditional dinning, there was always a couple hundred people waiting in line for the dinning room doors to open. And when there opened, itís like being in the middle of a cattle stampede. Mary & I always waited fifteen minutes or so, until everything settled down before we went into the dinning room. The PC dinning rooms on the Princess ships take on a totally different atmosphere than the regular dinning room and the service is much quicker because the waiterís station is rarely full at the early times. If you are late coming back from an excursion, you can call and make a later reservation. When you leave the dinning room that evening, you will usually be able to make a reservation for the same table for two you had the previous evening. If you would like a table for two so you can have a romantic dinner with your spouse, the early seating in PC is meant for you. (If you have any questions about PC dinning, send us an e-mail)

Warm regards,
Tom & mary

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)
Old 01-03-2004, 03:23 PM

Hi,

My wife and I have only experienced set dining. We have booked for a long cruise this year LA to Sydney, and wonder if anyone else has experiences with the personal choice dining? How does it work? Advantages, disadvantages etc.

We don't want to make the wrong mistake and regret it for our 30 nights dining.

Many thanks in advance.

PD.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:10 AM

My husband and I are heading to our third cruise in two years with the Princess line. This time we are taking our two daughters ages 19 and 16. I love the personal choice dining. This gives us the opportunity to eat when we want to, when we are hungry. Some days we pig out a bit much at the poolside and arn't always hungry at the traditional time most diners eat. Also, we can plan dinner around other events or upcoming shows as well. This last cruise we were on we recognized the head waiter from a previous cruise and made small chat with him. After that first night, we were seated immediately and he always sent an appetizer to our table. He always told the other wait staff to take care of us well because we were his "friends". I can't wait for this next cruise on the Golden in March because he will be there again. I'm sure our kids will be impressed with the "royal treatment" we get!! We always ate in the same dining room because of this reason. But you do tend to recognize the same servers and sometimes sit at their table more then once. But it doesn't matter, everyone is so friendly. Another plus with personal choice dining ~ if you want to dine alone you can do so or sit with a group of others as well.... your choice.

Happy Sailing! Hope to see you on the Golden the first week of March!!

Old 01-08-2004, 12:37 PM

When we were on the Star last Feb, the minute we got on board we signed up for the same time and table every night, it worked out great, there was always a line, but we walked right by and sat at our table for 4. Had the same nice waiter also, who knew which appetizers we wanted every night.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:23 AM

My husband and I love the PC "any time" dining option on Princess. We like eating when we want and with whomever we want. The first night at sea and on formal nights we waited 10 minutes for a table. We grabbed a glass of wine and browsed in the shops - the time passed very quickly. We also received great service from every waiter we encountered. All were eager to please. We encourged the wait staff to tell us about their countries of origin and cultures. One waiter gave us a mini-lesson in Mexican history in between courses!
Old 03-12-2004, 11:52 AM

As I read the postings here I wonder, are any of you under 65 years of age?
Old 03-13-2004, 05:30 AM

I'm 49 years old. Why do you ask?
Old 03-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Banned

I also wonder why you ask this age question? I have children that are 16, 17, 19, and 21, and I'm 44. We all like to eat no matter how old we are.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:04 PM

I think it was a drive-by guest that wasn't really taking an active part in the discussion. The question wasn't connected to anything...I didn't get it. However, to placate our mystery guest should the person return...I'm in my 30's (just barely)

My wife and I are taking our first Princess cruise on the Carribean Princess in September. We've signed up for the regular dining option, but are starting to think the pc option might be the way to go. Still not sure though.

Tom

Closed Thread