Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2006, 04:05 AM

Can anyone tell me if their request for a table for two on Princess was granted? I would like to book on Princess, but definatley want a table for two in the main dining room! Also, is their seating like Royal Caribbean, either late or early dining where you sit at the same exact table with the same waiters for the week? One more thing...I would like to book an owners suite , but it appears that they are all at the back of the boat. Has anyone ever sailed on Princess in the back , specifically in one of these suites? I'm wondering how they compare in size to Royal Caribbean...
Old 05-04-2006, 06:39 AM

We've never done an owner's suite, but the balcony rooms are about the same as RCCL. I can only imagine that the view from the back would be awesome. The owner's suites are 468-591 square feet depending on the vessel. Princess has 2 seatings in the main dining room (early and late) and there are some tables for 2. They also offer Personal Choice dining (any time dining), which is in one of the main dining rooms. There are also tables for 2 with personal choice. Hopefully, there will be someone who has cruised in the back that can reply. We've only been lucky enough to do balconies which I love. We've been on NCL, RCCL, HAL, Costa, Carnival, and Princess. So far, Princess is my favorite. Enjoy your cruise!
Old 05-04-2006, 06:51 AM

I have never sailed in the back on Princess but I had the corner suite on Celebrity - the back corner to side of the ship and I have had also had just the back on Celebrity. I love them both! It's fun to be out on your balcony and see where you have been. I also feel as though the verandahs in the rear offer more privacy than those on the side. Everyone has one on the side so you literally just look up or down over the railing and you can see in lotsof others. That doesn't happen in the aft of the ship as they aren't 'racked and stacked.'

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 05-04-2006, 07:24 AM

I have heard about vibrations in the aft cabins. The one wdas for Coral Princess, Deck 10 (Caribe). Obviously, you did not experience this problem?
Old 07-28-2006, 07:28 AM

Regarding dinner on Princess - I was on the Grand last year, and used 'anytime' every night. We always had a table for two. If there wasn't one immediately available, then we were given a pager which was rung when one became free. The most we had to wait was 15mins - just enough time for a quick cocktail in the bar!
On the Grand, there were 3 dining rooms - 2 for anytime, and 1 for traditional (fixed) times (early/late). We loved anytime dining and it was a struggle to book on RCI next year as they don't offer it (only in the buffet). But, we're going to try out some different lines to find which one we prefer and then probably choose one for the rest of our cruising days!!!
Hope this helps,
Kevin
Old 07-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Banned

If you get the owner's suite why worry about dining arangements. I think it comes with a butler and I would let him make the arrangements. In fact I would just dine my stateroom every nite. That way I would have my privacy and intimacy.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:23 AM

Quote:
But, we're going to try out some different lines to find which one we prefer and then probably choose one for the rest of our cruising days!!!
kevferney - you should try Regent Seven Seas - the newer ships (Voyager and Mariner) are all suite, all balcony. They offer open seating and beginning in 2007 will be all-inclusive.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:20 AM

I had a GREAT suite on Princess facing aft. No problem with vibrations. Loved the oversized balcony. My favorite cabin of many cruises. I have had suites on Celebrity, RCCL, Norwegian, Carnival and Princess and the aft facing suite was TOPS !

Funship Freddy

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, amenities, anytime, bar, caribbean, coral, dining, jewel, ncl, owners, princess, review, royal, suite, table