Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 06:24 PM

Is internet service free if i bring my laptop. Also, how much is do I have to pay to use my mobile phone. I use T-mobile.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:51 AM

If you are an Elite member on Princess (16+ cruises) your internet service is free up to a set number of minutes. They have packages available for purchase. If you don't absolutely need to communicate, I wouldn't advise wasting your money. The connections are slow at best. They are using satellite technology and it is hit and miss where connections will be available. The link speed is about dial-up rate. Contact your carrier about your phone. Most plans charge your roaming, some don't have coverage in the areas you will be visiting.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Just to add to what Penny said, the internet fee is the same whether you use your own laptop or the Internet Cafe--about 75 cents a minute, with packages abailable that bring it down a bit. But like Penny said, it is VERY slow and you frequently lose connections. I get it free as an Elite member but don't even use it--too frustrating. Many people say it's better just to go to an internet cafe in port.

And be careful with your cell phone usage; at sea you will be charged by your provider AND the ship if service is available. Here again, most people advise only using your phone in port; and sometimes the best deal is juat a pre-paid phone card.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:27 AM

Hello JackieW
You are going on a fantastic vacation full of loads of things to do and see.
Why would you even want to bring a laptop or a mobile phone? I can't imagine that you would even have time to use them.
Enjoy your cruise instead!!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
You are going on a fantastic vacation full of loads of things to do and see.
Why would you even want to bring a laptop or a mobile phone? I can't imagine that you would even have time to use them.
Enjoy your cruise instead!!
I enjoy my cruises a lot more when I can keep in touch with folks via computer. It enhances my cruise, not to have to give that up, rather than detracting from it.

As they say, that's why there's chocolate and vanilla.

Sandy
Old 08-14-2009, 12:52 PM

Let's be frank here. Cruise ships charge dearly for minutes on their internet. In port, you'll probably get 15 or 20 minutes online for what you pay for a single minute onboard. Yet, cruisers sit onboard while in port using the ship's pricey internet access.
As for cell phones, we got hooked for a ridiculous fee, even though the ship was in port (Long Beach). The cruise line blamed the cell phone provider, who, of course, blamed the cruise line. Turn it off or PAY UP.

Closed Thread

Tags
caf, cafe, charge, charges, cruise, internet, princess, rate, sea