Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 04:08 PM

1st timers on any kind of cruise. Anyone have info on Island Princess stateroom B307. We booked this cruise on 2/23 & were told that mini-suites were unavailable(from more than one source). This was best stateroom available at that time. Strange, that far in advance?
Any chance for upgrade at this late date?

Lots of talk about hard liquor in rooms, on this board. Seems the concensus is No. Where do I drink the Crown Royal, at $22 for 375 ml, offered in the Princess Cruise Answer Book?

Anyone have any suggestions as to the special events packages, especially the deluxe anniversary?

What type of special events, if any, for Xmas day, New Years Eve, New Years Day?
Anything different those days regarding services being available?
Customer services said we can't find out about special events for those days until on board. True?
Suggestions for best restaurant for New Years Eve(anniversary) dining? We are on persoanl choice plan for dining. Is Chef's Table now an option on Island Princess? If it is, pro's /con's on New Years Eve.
Arrive in San Juan del Sur, Nicaraqua at 6 am on Jan 31st. Have made contact with fishing guide for a 1/2 day flyfishing trip as soon as I can get off the ship. What can I do to be 1st in line to get off?
Lot's of questions, but have been through 17 pages of postings & did'nt see them covered.
If you would rather email me direct, my email is: mjpt@bresnan.net. Thanks in advance!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:09 PM
I think you will like your cabin and location. We were in B206 this last April and loved it. It is quiet and convenient: 2 decks up to the Horizon Court and pools; 4 down to the Promenade Deck. Mini-suites are very popular, especially on Panama Canal cruises so it really isn't strange that they were all booked. We had to book a year-and-a-half ahead to get the one we wanted. Unless you are very near the top of the waitlist for a mini, I doubt you will get one.

Some cruise lines do not sell liquor for consumption in the cabins; fortunately Princess is not one of them. The Cruise Answer Book is correct.

I've never bought one of the packages; but I must say, I don't see $420.00 of value in the Deluxe Anniversary package. But somebody else might.

I have never been on a ship during the Holidays so I can't speak from experience; but I've talked to many who have and they say it is fabulous; I have no specifics. Although all the ships fly the Princess flag, each has its own personality and way of doing things. Some things are common to all ships, but many are not. The shore-based offices would probably not have the exact details for each ship.

Sabatini's is a wonderful dining experience. We were not as enthused about The Bayou Cafe. The Chef's table is not yet available on Island Princess. I don't think that would be a good choice for New Years Eve anyway.

They will announce when and where the tender tickets will be available. They are issued on a first-come-first-served basis. To be the first one off, be in line early.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:04 PM
froze-to-death, I just came across this--it may help:

http://www.princess.com/news/article...rticleId=na987
Old 12-01-2008, 07:18 PM

Cruise Guru,
Thank you very much for the prompt, concise answers to all my questions. Rarely have I been to a bulletin board and gotten such foreth right answers.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Thank you for the kind words.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:54 AM

Hi froze-to-death, this will be our first New Year's cruise, but our 4th Christmas. For Christmas, we have received a stocking in our cabin with some candies. They have the ship decorated beautifully. The crew dressed in Santa and elves attire. They had the piano player in the lobby, and they had a champagne fountain. I assume on New Year's eve they will have some type of countdown and a champagne fountain as well. They offered a traditional turkey dinner for Christmas in the dining room. It's just so darn nice to be wearing short sleeves for Christmas, it reminds me of my youth. I was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale, why I moved away is beyond my reasoning now. We've not ordered the liquor packages for the cabin, but they are available. Hope your holiday cruise is wonderful!

Closed Thread

Tags
answer, april, b307, b308, book, canal, cruise, cruises, island, panama, princess, reviews, rooms, staterooms, stayed