Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2006, 05:46 PM

This was a beautiful trip.
All effort spend on meals entertainment and service are waisted if you are sending people home sick. I cought the worse sore throat and cold of my life the second last day of the trip. I noticed people coughing and sneezing and even an older lady laying down on the lounge bench waiting to disembark. I was so happy Vancouver was my final destination and that I did not have to transfer and fly like most people on the ship. My husband by now was also affected by this germ and we spend most of the week end in bed trying to get better. It took over 24 hours for me to have enough energy to open my suitcase.
I wanted to let Princess Customer Service know of my disapointment but could not find a contact by e-mail...they want snail mail for some reason.
I applauded them first when I saw they were dealing with the Nor..virus at meal time. I must say this is only our second cruise and I did not think about this prior to booking. This is a wonderful way to travel but I will be checking very carefully before I book any other cruise.
Laurence
Old 07-03-2006, 06:12 AM

Laurence, I'm sorry your vacation ended on a sour note. However, in any large group of people, there is a chance of catching a virus. In your case it wasn't norovirus, but a cold - evidently someone (or several someones) onboard had one, or could perhaps have been exposed just before boarding, without knowing they were sick. It sounds, from your last paragraph, that Princess was doing all it could to prevent the spread of disease, but these measures go only so far.

Closed Thread