Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2007, 10:37 PM

Hi - there will be a group of 6 of us and we are wondering about a few things. What nights are formal dining? What time does the ship get into Whittier - as we are turning around and going south would like to rent a vehicle and explore the Kenai Peninsula - would we have time?
When in Skagway and you take the White Pass Railroad up - who do you book the bus down with?
When is the best place/time to view the Northern Lights?
Are any of the pools covered and are they heated?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:37 PM

Hi - there will be a group of 6 of us and we are wondering about a few things. What nights are formal dining? What time does the ship get into Whittier - as we are turning around and going south would like to rent a vehicle and explore the Kenai Peninsula - would we have time?
When in Skagway and you take the White Pass Railroad up - who do you book the bus down with?
When is the best place/time to view the Northern Lights?
Are any of the pools covered and are they heated?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Hello pattiarts and welcome to cruise-chat; I'll try to take your questions in order.
1. Formal nights are usually the first and last full sea days; on your itinerary that would be the second and seventh days of the cruise.

2. The itinerary says you arrive at Whittier at 12:30 a.m.; I don't quite know what you mean by "turning around and going south". Are you doing back-to-back cruises, or are you taking a land excursion? I don't have enough information to say if you have enough time to rent a car and explore.

3. You book your White Pass railroad excursion as a complete package (usually); either through Princess of on-line direct from a tour operator in Skagway--but do it now as that trip is very popular and there are only so many seats.

4. I have been to Alaska many times and have not yet seen the Northern Lights; nor do I know of anybody that has. I don't think they are visible in that locale at this time of year.
I hope I am wrong on this.

5.There are four fresh water heated pools and two can be covered.

Have a great cruise.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:...5.There are four fresh water heated pools and two can be covered...

f-mattox - Two pools can be covered? I know about the Calypso Pool has the retractable roof. Can the swim-against-the current lap pool in the Lotus Spa are be covered as well?

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:19 PM
You know, I could be wrong about that.

I only went there once--didn't care for the ambiance--or all the kids in the the lap pool either--but I thought I saw what looked like a structure to cover it.

Closed Thread