Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 02:21 PM

We have been on 12 cruises so far but have never been in a cabin at the rear of the ship.

We are crusing on the Ruby Princess from Venice, Italy to Fort Lauderdale Florida for 18 days beginning October 7, 2009.

Can anyone provide any info as to how the ride is at the rear of the ship. We are two cabins from the rear of the ship on Deck 12
Old 08-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Welcome to Cruise-Chat and congratulations on your upcoming cruise; that sounds like a dream vacation. Ruby Princess is one ship I've not had the pleasure of cruising on yet; but I have been on many other Princess ships, in many different locations, and I see no difference at all between them. If you hit rough seas you will notice movement no matter where you are; but normally, you will sense very little movement. The aft cabins are actually my favorite. Aloha Deck is an excellent location because you have passenger cabins above and below you, yet you are only two decks below the Horizon Court and the Terrace Pool and Outrigger Bar, my favorite place on the ship!
Old 08-07-2009, 08:28 AM

I enjoyed the location on the Emerald (R749) (Similar ship) being close to the Terrace pool & only 1 flight up to the Horizon buffet but even though the seas were fairly calm there was a constant shaking motion ever present through out the trip due to the turning of the prop. My wife was more annoyed by it than myself & wouldn't want that location again. I really haven't heard others complain about it.

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, aloha, bb, c752, cabin, cabins, cruise, deck, princes, princess, r749, reviews, ruby, shaking, ship