Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2006, 11:50 AM

Can anyone provide some specific details of how the Saphire Princess disembarkation and baggage handling process works at the Overseas Passenger Terminal?
Old 12-05-2006, 02:40 PM

Not quite sure what you mean - are you travelling Princess Air to Sydney?
The Sapphire docks at circular quay in Sydney - there is no overseas passenger terminal there - its right opposite the Opera House. They have a building that the bags are loaded into before you go through Customs and Immigration. Its all very low key. Mummsie

Mummsie

past cruises
P&O Arcadia 1974
Sapphire Princess January 2005
Pacific Princess December 2005
Superstar Gemini July 2006

Future cruises
Pacific Princess 21 January 2007
Norwegian Sun 6th May 2007
Old 12-05-2006, 03:07 PM
If you mean you are disembarking Sapphire Princess in Sydney for a flight back to the U.S., you collect your baggage on the pier, board a bus for the airport, check in and fly back. You go through Customs and Immigration on arrival back in the U.S..
Hope this is what you were asking
Oops! Just noticed this is your first post; welcome to cruise-chat--one big happy family with a common passion.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:45 PM

Thanks.

In my attempt to be brief, I guess I omitted some details pertinent to my question, as follows:
We are on the April Auckland-to-Sydney Saphire Princess cruise and so will be arriving at 0600 in Sydney at the Circular Quay dock. However, we will be staying in Sydney for the day, and then flying out late (1930) to Cairns. We would thus need to have our baggage with us and not sent on to the airport at disenbarkment. From reading earlier responses, it appears that we will clear Australian customs in Hobart. However, Princess indicated that the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Sydney will be used for the arrival, but they have been unclear/duplicative with details. Any clarifications of the process used for getting bags off the ship and claiming them on the dock is what I'm seeking.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:52 PM

OK that makes more sense. We did the exact same cruise. :-) You will go though immigration in Hobart but when you collect your bags in Sydney you will have to go through customs - its pretty much a formality. We just walked straight through with you bags. They line all the bags up in the building near the dock and you collect them when your colour is called. You then just go to the airport with your bags that day as normal and then fly up to Cairns. We caught the train from circular key but it was quite expensive. It costs around the same for a cab apparently. After you check your bags in you can catch a train back into the city for some quick site seeing. :-) Mummsie

Mummsie

past cruises
P&O Arcadia 1974

Future cruises
Old 12-06-2006, 06:33 PM

Thank you, that's what I was hoping. Is the building on the dock the Overseas Passenger Terminal or another building?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:26 PM

It must be called that. I didn't take much notice - too busy taking pictures of the Opera House and feeling sad because our trip was over :-}

Mummsie

past cruises
P&O Arcadia 1974

Future cruises

Closed Thread

Tags
address, arrival, cruise, diamond, disembark, disembarkation, disembarking, dock, early, flight, passenger, princess, process, processes, sapphire, sydeny, sydney, time