Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 09:01 AM

My husband and i are cruising on the diamond princess on march 2nd/08. Has anyone else booked this cruise leaving from los angeles? And if you have taken this 15 day cruise before maybe you can give us some hints on what tours to take while there. I know we want to do a laui and pearl harbour. Any help is appreciated. We are celebrating our 40th anniversary so want to make this a great cruise. We are 57 and 60 so not sure what tours are best.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:54 PM

You might have better luck finding others going on this cruise if you look at the roll call boards on CruiseCritic.com <direct link removed>.

It is a great cruise and there are lots of choices from sightseeing, to renting a car, walking around town, taking a helicoptor. Explore what tours Princess is offering, decide what appeals to you and then decide if you want to book one of their tours or do your own thing.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Edited to remove direct link. -LP

Future cruises:
Star Princess - Dec. 2007-Rome- TA
Crown Princess- May 2008 TA & Baltics
Pacific Princess-Nov. 2008-Holy Land & Egypt
Diamond Princess- Apr. 2009 Asia- Bangkok to Whittier
Past cruises:
Golden Princess-2007-Alaska
Sea Princess-2005 Canada/New England
Diamond Princess- 2005 Mexican Riviera
Star Princess- 2004 x2 Med. Venice to Barcelona/ Barcelona to Rome
Dawn Princess - 2004 x3- Southern Caribbean
Grand Princess- 2003 x2 W.Caribbean/ 2004 Panama
Sun Princess- 2003 Mexico
Tahitian Princess- 2003 Tahiti & Cook Islands
Royal Princess- 2003 x2- British Isles / Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Island Princess- 2003 Panama Canal / 2007 Hawaii
Sky Princess- 2000 China & Orient
Sitmar's Fairwind - 1979 x2- Caribbean/Panama Canal
-------------------------------------------------
HAL-Amsterdam- 2004 Alaska
HAL Ryndam - 2001 x 2- S. America
------------------------------------------
Viking Spirit/Pride -2006 Budapest to Amsterdam
Old 09-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Hello again Murphy123; as I mentioned on the earlier thread, my wife and I took the same cruise last April. It is hard to suggest tours for someone else, not knowing their particular tastes; but I can tell you the ones we took and enjoyed very much. I won't go into detail since I'm sure you have the shore excursion brochure--or if not, the Princess website has all the tour information. I should also mention that my wife and I are both 64 and leaned toward the less strenuous tours, with one exception.

Kona; the cloud forest botanical walk. We do a lot of walking normally, and even prepared for this one by walking three miles a day around the deck and never using the elevator. We were glad we had. It was strenuous but a thoroughly facinating tour.

Lahaina; Iao valley & tropical plantation. A little over four hours which left time for a nice seaside lunch and shopping in town.

Honolulu; natural highlights of Oahu. We had been to Pearl Harbor on a previous trip. I would suggest the Arizona Memorial and city tour since you want to see Pearl.

Hilo; Waipi'o Valley of the Kings expedition. Of course the really big attraction from Hilo is Kilauea volcano.

Nawiliwili; tropical garden, luau and romantic ceremony. I would strongly recommend this if you want to do a luau and you are celebrating an anniversary. It was probably the highlight of the trip for us.

So this should give you a few ideas. If there is anything else I can help with, please just ask.

Rick

Closed Thread

Tags
angeles, cruise, forums, harbour, hawaii, los, pearl, ports, review, reviews, tour, tours