Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2005, 08:48 AM

My husband and I are headed out for our first cruise to celebrate our one year anniversary aboard the Princess/Sun Princess. We are both pretty big drinkers on vacations.
We were wondering what the rules were about bringing liquor on board from home, and then for bringing it back onto the ship from ports. I noticed that bringing wine on board is allowed?
Besides what the rules are, have any of you found any "tricks of the trade" to keep drinking costs down or getting alchohol on board?
Also, when we stop at St. Lucia, which is where we took our honeymoon last year for 3 weeks, we would like to bring back as much of the St Lucian rum as possible! How much will they let you declare?
THANK YOU
Old 05-19-2005, 10:39 AM

Congradulations on your anniversary and cruise, and welcome to cruise-chat. While all cruiselines have different guidelines, stowing alcohol in a different bottle, a very sturdy one, has a goood chance of getting onboard. Most cruise lines will take any alcohol bought in port and give it to you the last night to pack. I carry a 2 liter coffee cup with top when I board, fill it with a couple bottles of rum or baileys, and have no problem. Same in the ports. As for declaring, they say 2 bottles each, max. But I have never been stopped by authorities yet, and pack as much as a dozen bottles. Hope this helps!

David Landry
Old 05-19-2005, 01:01 PM

Just about any container that doesn't look like booze can be used to smuggle alcohol on board. Be creative. Try this site http://www.customs.ustreas.gov/xp/cg...vacation/kbyg/ for information on how much alcohol you can bring back - legally. Have fun
Old 05-19-2005, 02:09 PM

St. Lucia has some fine rum, at great prices!

Closed Thread

Tags
alchohol, america, bought, cruise, holland, price