Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2007, 07:19 AM

This is a strange post, I know. We were just on the New Year's sailing of the Coral Princess. I was given a therapetuic pillow, which was the most comfortable pillow I have ever had. I looked for a label on it, but found none. When I returned home, I called Princess to find out what kind they are. They were absolutely no help. They did tell me that you are able to buy them on board. I wish I would have known that, but there wasn't any information on board that mentioned that. Does anyone have any idea what brand they are? I really want to get one for home. I have purchased a couple so far, but none are the same as the one on board. If anyone is going on a Princess cruise in the near future, could you check on board and see if you can find the information for me? I have a severe neck problem, and would love to be able to sleep as comfortably at home. Thanks for any help you can give me!
Old 01-20-2007, 07:15 PM
When you say you were "given a therapeutic pillow", do you mean it is something special you asked for, or was it just the pillow that came with the bed?
I will be on Island Princess in April and will be happy to check for you; hopefully somebody is going before then.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:43 PM

Yes, it was a special pillow that I had asked for. The pillow that had come on the bed was too hard and flat. If you aren't happy with your pillow, they have several others to choose from. Every one else in our party also requested different pillows.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Unfortunately, with several to choose from and no labels, there is no way of knowing which one you were given.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:02 PM

Were you charged anything to get a different pillow?
Old 01-22-2007, 01:11 PM

No, I was not. They have several different types to choose from if you don't like the standard ones that are on the beds. They also had down pillows and a hypo-allergenic soft pillow.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:42 PM

Even though this is a little off the topic, If you want your beds pushed together (from two twins to a double) can you just ask your room steward to move them for you? I've heard other people in reviews say that they had to ask several times before it got taken care of. I looked on the Princess website where you can request your preferences, and by "bed configuration" it said nothing. I couldnt figure out how to change it.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:59 PM

This was our second cruise on Princess. Both times we requested twin configuration – which was clearly written on our confirmation. However, neither time was it done correctly. We simply asked our cabin steward to change it, which he did when he made up the beds at night. No problem either time. We have always had wonderful cabin stewards on Princess who have catered to our every whim. They usually seem to have the beds made up in the queen configuration anyway, so you shouldn’t have any problem.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Hello sarepear83,
I just checked the "Onboard Preferences" page on the website and under "Bed Configuration" there were three boxes: twin; queen; no preference. All I did was point and click the one I wanted. You might try it again.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:40 PM

The bed configuration is selected at time of booking. If you booked directly with Princess just call them and ask to have it changed. If you booked with a TA ask them to call and change it. Frequently, for some reason, things put in the "onboard preferences" do not get passed on to the ship.

Don't worry your cabin steward should be able to make the change during "turn down" the first night. It is easier on him/her if they can do that before you board because it requires that they use a different set of sheets, blankets, and spread (the latter are usually kept in the room). Every cabin steward we have had,except one, have been very eager to please.

Frequently certain pillows and foam to put on the bed go rapidly with the first boarding passangers.

Future cruises:
Star Princess - Dec. 2007-Rome- TA
Crown Princess- May 2008 TA & Baltics
Pacific Princess-Nov. 2008-Holy Land & Egypt
Diamond Princess- Apr. 2009 Asia- Bangkok to Whittier
Past cruises:
Golden Princess-2007-Alaska
Sea Princess-2005 Canada/New England
Diamond Princess- 2005 Mexican Riviera
Star Princess- 2004 x2 Med. Venice to Barcelona/ Barcelona to Rome
Dawn Princess - 2004 x3- Southern Caribbean
Grand Princess- 2003 x2 W.Caribbean/ 2004 Panama
Sun Princess- 2003 Mexico
Tahitian Princess- 2003 Tahiti & Cook Islands
Royal Princess- 2003 x2- British Isles / Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Island Princess- 2003 Panama Canal / 2007 Hawaii
Sky Princess- 2000 China & Orient
Sitmar's Fairwind - 1979 x2- Caribbean/Panama Canal
-------------------------------------------------
HAL-Amsterdam- 2004 Alaska
HAL Ryndam - 2001 x 2- S. America
------------------------------------------
Viking Spirit/Pride -2006 Budapest to Amsterdam

Closed Thread

Tags
bed, brand, configuration, cruise, cruises, downfeather, kind, line, pillow, pillows, princess, reviews, selecting, ships, therapeutic