Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 08:13 PM

On our cruise last year on the Diamond you just have to show your card to your waiter in the dining room and they will bring you a glass of pop, you don't need your cup at all. We just used our cup when we wanted to bring a drink of pop back to our room at night. Our waiters caught on and every night our glass of pop would be already sitting on our table.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wooddon:
Our waiters caught on and every night our glass of pop would be already sitting on our table.
That's cool. I would think the cup would look a little out of place in the dining room.

Thank you everyone for the information.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:19 PM

I was able to use the soda card everywhere. There is no 15% gratuity for the sodas, so just know that refills can be hard to get, as the cocktail waiters want little to do with you.
2004 Oosterdam
2003 Millennium
2002 Zandaam
2000 Grand Princess
Old 04-05-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LovinCruisin:
I was able to use the soda card everywhere. There is no 15% gratuity for the sodas, so just know that refills can be hard to get, as the cocktail waiters want little to do with you.
They should have charged you 15% when you got the card. That is how it works. you do not pay every time they bring you a soda, unless you want to give them a little extra.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LovinCruisin:
I've heard the same thing about some of the drink waiters but since I don't drink that much soda I never really took notice.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:33 PM

We had no problems getting our pop refill from the waiters last year on our Alaska cruise. They were more than happy to re-fill our as many times as possible. They were more happy that my wife and I each purchase a pop card as they indicated that lots of people try getting pop for as many people as possible on one card.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Administrator

I love it when I see the regional names for things. It's soda here, but pop there. Shakes and frappes. Subs, hoagies, heroes, and grinders. Here is a map of the various regional names for soda (I'm from upstate NY and we call it soda).

As for problems getting refills for a soda card...we've never encountered it. It helps if you establish a good relationship with some of the bartenders.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:38 PM

I think there is only one place that you can not use your soda card. That would be the Lido Deck. You have to go fill it yourself there..........Make that two places the other would be your Cabin.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
I love it when I see the regional names for things. It's soda here, but pop there. Shakes and frappes. Subs, hoagies, heroes, and grinders. Here is a map of the various regional names for soda (I'm from upstate NY and we call it soda).
A word to the wise...don't go to Cincinnati and order a hoagie if you want a sub...they are two different sandwiches on different types of bread and hoagies are only served hot there is no choice in the matter! lol And I always thought a frappe was a coffee drink...

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, cruise, cup, cups, drink, drinks, itsunlimited, line, norwegian, princess, program, provide, royal, served, soda, soft, souvenir, unlimited