Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 11:41 AM

We are leaving on a Princess cruise in 15 days. Now, our children want to join us on a future cruise (Mar 09). Would we be wiser to wait and book the rooms when we are on-board, or should we go through our travel agent now to book? If we book while we are on-board, we would get the benefit of the lower down payment and future cruise credit. At least for ourselves. Does anyone know if we can get the same deal for our children? Does our travel agent still get credit, even if we book on-board? She has been great and I wouldn't want to see her get cut out of any commissions. Any advice from the "gurus" out there would be appreciated. Papa Bear

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 10-02-2007, 01:55 PM

Hi Papa Bear

Don't know about the children but your travel agent will definately get credit for the booking. We have done this several times and everything goes through the agent as normal.
See you on Grand!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:09 PM

Thanks for the info. We're looking forward to seeing you two as well. Papa Bear

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 10-03-2007, 04:02 PM

I am not sure aobut this, but I think the future cruise credit is based on a limit of two to a room. If that is true, and you are planning on two rooms, you would be able to pay $100 down for each of four of you, and each would get onboard credit. At least that is my understanding; someone correct me if I am wrong. Definitely wait the two weeks or so until you are onboard to book. Those onboard credits are great.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:04 PM

I just reread your post, and I am not sure your children will be onboard with you for the first cruise. It is my understanding that only onboard passaengers can get onboard credits with future cruise purchases.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:22 AM

Thanks SD Cruiser. No, our children won't be with us for this cruise, but I hope to get them all booked for the Mar 09 trip. Thanks for your info.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 10-07-2007, 05:55 AM

PapaBear, I hope you are still checking this thread, because I have a correction to my post. I just purchased two future cruise credits in August while aboard a Princess ship (I left the booking open, and will use it for whatever appeals to me in the future.) This is the important part: There are two forms attached to the confirmation form that allow two other passengers to book the same cruise we book and to get the same onboard credit! The form starts out "join us on our next cruise escape. Be sure to ask about these, and then your children can book and get the same ob credit for the cruise you take as you are getting.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:16 PM

Thanks for the updated message SD Cruiser. I'll let you know how things work out. Maybe since I will be booking four staterooms in total, they will agree to give everyone the OB credit. I sure hope so. PB

Free Cruise Clocks

Closed Thread

Tags
advance, cruises, payment, princess