Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 09:53 PM

The 6/23 - 30 Alaskan Glacier Cruise was wonderful. My husband and I enjoyed our first cruise and Alaska was more beautiful than we imagined. We went to Ketchikan. We walked around there. Very quaint. We went to Juneau, our favorite port call with the highlight of the trip for me - The Mendenhahl Glacier. I thought it was the most beautiful spot I have ever seen with the glacier and waterfall and trees and lake. We went to Skagway where we took the White Pass Train trip. There was beautiful scenery and views from the train. We cruised Glacier National Park. We cruised College Fiord. The weather was almost always sunny. College Fiord was so sunny that they sent down a boat for publicity photos. On the ship we enjoyed the meals. We did the traditional dining in a table for 8. Everyone bolted. We were alone, but we stuck it out and got to know our two waiters and they got to know us. I liked the church service and seeing an afternoon movie the best. We made a lot of use of our balcony, seeing the beauty as we passed by. I loved the formal nights, and we had our picture taken. There weren't many negatives. Maybe we didn't like the entertainment much. We found it kind of ticky tacky. We loved the informal music all day long, though - piano, strings etc. We definately want to go on another cruise - Caribean - maybe in a few years. Perhaps we would choose a different cruise line etc, just for variety. Princess was wonderful, though. Did anyone else go on the 6/23 cruise? What did you like? And please let everyone know I'm not kidding about the good weather we had! We ate lunch outside in Juneau at a pub restaurant near the water. Oh shopping - I was a little overwhelmed by all the shopping events onboard, but shopping in Juneau was best, I thought. I picked up a couple things for my curio.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:53 PM

The 6/23 - 30 Alaskan Glacier Cruise was wonderful. My husband and I enjoyed our first cruise and Alaska was more beautiful than we imagined. We went to Ketchikan. We walked around there. Very quaint. We went to Juneau, our favorite port call with the highlight of the trip for me - The Mendenhahl Glacier. I thought it was the most beautiful spot I have ever seen with the glacier and waterfall and trees and lake. We went to Skagway where we took the White Pass Train trip. There was beautiful scenery and views from the train. We cruised Glacier National Park. We cruised College Fiord. The weather was almost always sunny. College Fiord was so sunny that they sent down a boat for publicity photos. On the ship we enjoyed the meals. We did the traditional dining in a table for 8. Everyone bolted. We were alone, but we stuck it out and got to know our two waiters and they got to know us. I liked the church service and seeing an afternoon movie the best. We made a lot of use of our balcony, seeing the beauty as we passed by. I loved the formal nights, and we had our picture taken. There weren't many negatives. Maybe we didn't like the entertainment much. We found it kind of ticky tacky. We loved the informal music all day long, though - piano, strings etc. We definately want to go on another cruise - Caribean - maybe in a few years. Perhaps we would choose a different cruise line etc, just for variety. Princess was wonderful, though. Did anyone else go on the 6/23 cruise? What did you like? And please let everyone know I'm not kidding about the good weather we had! We ate lunch outside in Juneau at a pub restaurant near the water. Oh shopping - I was a little overwhelmed by all the shopping events onboard, but shopping in Juneau was best, I thought. I picked up a couple things for my curio.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:49 PM

Welcome back juliemast, sounds like you had an enjoyable experience. There are scads of other cruise lines out there. We've been on NCL, RCI, Costa, Carnival, HAL, and Princess. Princess is my favorite, but they have all been great experiences. We're scheduled for the Emerald Princess in November, Lord willing. The best way to cure the debarkation blues is to book another! Best wishes and glad to hear you're hooked like the rest of us!

Closed Thread

Tags
623, alaska, cruise, diamond, glacier, mendenhahl, piano, princess, review, starting