Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2006, 09:23 PM

I've read that you can purchase bottles of liquor on board to consume in the room. How can we get a list of exactly what kinds are available? My husband likes certain types of Vodka. All that I can find on the Princess site is a very small list of smaller size (375 ml) bottles of only about 3 kinds of liquor and a few cans of soda that comes in a package. I have read posts that say that 1 liter bottles of many kinds are available. When and how is this actually preordered?
Old 07-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Banned

We went thru the trouble of sneaking booze on board and found that we could have gotten the same for in room consumption at about the same price as the liquor stores. It won't be as cheap as the duty free stores but it is still not worth the trouble of carrying on. I can't help with the brand of vodka. Call Princess direct, is worth the try.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:30 PM

Really? I thought you could only take them off the ship later, not to your room. Funny how all this time we've been smuggling booze in our luggage. Geez! Are you sure??? Anyone? I think I will call Princess to find out. Maybe this is just a Princess thing?
Old 08-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Banned

There is a book in the cabin with info about the ship. There is one section that has at the top of the page: Bottled liquors avalilable through room service for stateroom consumption.

I have a picture of the page but I don't know how to add it[img]IMG_0615[/img]

From the picture I see they have Grey Goose $30, Stolly, Smirnoff, Absolut $20

If some can tell me how to post the picture I will do it[IMG]Copy (2) of IMG_0615[/IMG]
Old 08-07-2006, 09:16 AM

Wow, that's good to know. I might even look into booking a Princess cruise instead of an all-inclusive.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:00 AM

I will call and verify, hate to feel like a booze smuggler!!
Old 08-07-2006, 10:24 AM

I dunno, this is different from what is stated above...

Quote:
ALCOHOL POLICY
Passengers under 21 years of age are not permitted to purchase or consume alcohol onboard. Duty- and tax-free alcohol is available for purchase and may be delivered to your stateroom the last day of your cruise. Discounted stateroom packages are available. Click here to download our beverage menu.
375 ml - that's larger than an "airline bottle" and smaller by half a "regular bottle". The unit of measure that replaced the "fifth" in our bars and liquor stores and that is commonly seen is 75 ml. You can get 12 "shots" from a 375 ml bottle. So, those prices are higher than a liquor store but not outrageous AND you can "do it yourself", in your cabin whenever you wish without the 15% fee.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:53 AM

Ok, just did the math. The 375ml bottle will yield 12+ "shots". Now, if you deduct the cost of the mix (at 1.58 each since you can buy a six-pack for $9.50) and then divide the liquor $12.68 by 12 = $1.02 per "shot". But, to make it easy, lets say that the mix yields 2 drinks per container. That's equal to six drinks. Divide $17.00 by 6 and that equals $2.83 per drink (with a double "shot" of liquor in each drink). That's VERY reasonable!

Like I said in a different post - RCI executives, please take note!

Old 08-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Banned

If someone can tell me how to post the picture I will gladly do it. I tried but it did not work.

I took the picture as proof that it is available. It is one page in the Directory that is a spiral bound book. It was taken Oct 2004 on the Diamond.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:34 PM

Go Chuck! Can you still do long math like that after a couple of shots?

7th: To post a picture: In the Reply or Post Screen there is an icon, click it, it's quite easy, except I think the picture needs to be on a another web site with a URL link, not sure if you can download onto this site directly. So if you have the pic on a website, simply right click on the picture and then click on properties, then copy from that by highlighting or cursoring over the address and right click again and hit copy. Then paste it into the blank field on the Post screen add picture funtion and your done.

Does anyone know if you can do it another way?

Closed Thread

Tags
board, cruise, lines, liquor, liquors, norweign, onboard, picture, price, princess, purchase, size, sold, type, types