Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 07:27 AM

Can anybody tell me, I booked my next cruise directly through Princess an inside cabin on the Grand for Jan 2009. I normally book outside or balcony but through Vacations To Go. I was told if I book through Princess direct chances are excellent that I could be bumped up since there are not that many inside cabins and Princess give these to the Tour agencies. Has anybody had any experiences in regards to this?
Old 03-03-2008, 08:44 AM

What a peculiar statement. Your chances should be the same no matter whom you book with.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:54 AM

We were bumped up on our next cruise. I booked a guarantee room through the Princess web site for an obstructed window view. The next day we were upgraded to a full window.

I am still standing by for a possible balcony, but am satisfied this trip with the full window.

Did you book a particular room or chose the guarantee box for a room of that value or better? when I have booked a particular room by my choice, that is the room I ended up with.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-03-2008, 09:41 AM

That's a strange one. As Irvine Traveler states, what you book is what you get unless you select a gurantee. It won't make a difference who you book through.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:22 AM

If I were to book an inside room guarantee it wouldn't really make much difference what room they gave me but in the last 10 years we get an least an obstructed window or balcony & I'd rather know the location than leave it to chance. I've never understood the actual difference of the categories as they all seem similar to me. Just because one room is 5 cat's higher & on a different deck doesn't equate into a much better room for me. Going from an inside room to a badly obstructed widow is a different story altogether & it could happen with a guaranty.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine Traveler:
We were bumped up on our next cruise. I booked a guarantee room through the Princess web site for an obstructed window view. The next day we were upgraded to a full window.

I am still standing by for a possible balcony, but am satisfied this trip with the full window.

Did you book a particular room or chose the guarantee box for a room of that value or better? when I have booked a particular room by my choice, that is the room I ended up with.
No they selected the cabin and I was advised by the Princess agent they have submitted a bump up if available on my behalf.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:39 AM
If you booked an inside room, you are most likely to get an inside room, but it will probably be the best category of inside room, which just basically means a higher deck, since you are booked a year in advance. However, there is always a slight chance that you may get upgraded to an oceanview. It really depends on how popular the cruise is. Just remember that all past Princess passengers are supposed to be automatically upgraded in category and all three times I have sailed on the Grand Princess close to 80 percent of the passengers are Princess circle members.
And as an example that it can happen, I was upgraded on my Alaskan cruise in 2000 from an inside on Deck 4 next to the laundry room to a balcony on Aloha deck. I was also upgraded from an inside to an oceanview across the hall on my Caribean cruise with Celebrity. So 2 out of 7 cruises is a good average.

Need some cruise help?
Old 03-03-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jill SC:
If you booked an inside room, you are most likely to get an inside room, but it will probably be the best category of inside room, which just basically means a higher deck, since you are booked a year in advance. However, there is always a slight chance that you may get upgraded to an oceanview. It really depends on how popular the cruise is. Just remember that all past Princess passengers are supposed to be automatically upgraded in category and all three times I have sailed on the Grand Princess close to 80 percent of the passengers are Princess circle members.
And as an example that it can happen, I was upgraded on my Alaskan cruise in 2000 from an inside on Deck 4 next to the laundry room to a balcony on Aloha deck. I was also upgraded from an inside to an oceanview across the hall on my Caribean cruise with Celebrity. So 2 out of 7 cruises is a good average.
Thanks for the info I guess I will have to take my chances. You are right pretty much everyone on board is a circle member.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jill SC:
Just remember that all past Princess passengers are supposed to be automatically upgraded in category
Well no wonder all of the suites on my cruise are empty! I bet all of the Circle members who booked mini-suites are eyeing them! Well since I am traveling solo I WILL have an entire cabin to myself and I am only two decks down from the Lido deck if I want to go outside and lounge.

Closed Thread

Tags
bumped, cruise