Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2006, 07:46 PM

Going on a Princess Cruise for the first time in March, and was wondering if you can book your excursions from the tv that is in your stateroom. Have been on Carnival in the past and was able to do the purchasing of excursions right from the tv.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Administrator

I don't know specifically about the TV as we booked our shore excursions in advance using the Princess Personalizer on the Princess Web site. There were a couple of tours that we really wanted to do and would have been upset to miss, so we secured those in advance. I'd recommend that if you have any not-to-miss excursions in mind.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:05 PM

We have only been on the Dawn, Sea, and Sun. None of them had the TV option. We booked our excursions on-line as well. They do have a tour office on the three ships we were on, but we had to go down to them. They were across from the purser's desk. If you book on line, the tickets are in your room when you board.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:15 AM

Penny3333
We are 1st time cruisers and booked on the Sun Princess for April 7. I'd appreciate any info you can give us about that particular ship. The Sun is not mentioned very much. Also what are definate must do excursions on St Thomas, Grenada, St Vincent, Martinique.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 01-25-2006, 08:46 PM

Just got off of the Princess Grand. You cannot book your excursions by TV like you can on Carnival. But as LisaP suggested Princess does send you a book on their excursions for that iteneray and highly recommend that you book them online before you leave home. Otherwise you will be standing in a long line on the ship
Have Fun
Sandi O
Old 01-27-2006, 07:24 PM

You can (and should) book excursions online at the Princess website. Popular ones fill up quick. You go through the Cruise Personalizer screens to the section on Shore Excursions. Somewhere around 3 months or so before your cruise, the excursions should become available to book. Don't worry if you change your mind later or get a private excursion instead. You can go back and edit or delete. You can also turn in the tickets on board and get credit back as long as you do so the day before the excursion. They will give you a cut off date for changes on the tickets, which will be in your cabin when you arrive.

None of the Princess ships we've been on have had an "in-room" option, although I suppose you could use the internet cafe on board to access the personalizer. Never tried that during a cruise, so I'm not sure.

Sea Princess Alaska 2002
Dawn Princess B 2 B Honolulu-Tahiti-Honolulu 2003
Coral Princess Panama Canal full transit 2004
Star Princess Eastern & Western Caribbean 2004
Grand Princess Grand Mediterranean 2005
Golden Princess British Isles 2005
Pacific Princess April 2006 Sydney to Osaka
Star Princess Sept 2006 Baltic and Transatlantic
Golden Princess March/April Buenos Aires to San Francisco
Sapphire Princess October/November 2007 Bangkok - Beijing - Bangkok
Sea Princess May 2008 Mediterrean Medley and Iberian
Upcoming
Royal Princess October 2008 Canada and Colonial America
Ruby Princess November 2008
Caribbean 'almost inaugural'
Old 02-20-2006, 11:59 AM

You can't use the internet cafe to book excursions while you are on the cruise; the "cruise personaliser" shuts down about a week before sailing, so as Fred Pontin used to say..... "BOOK EARLY!"
Old 02-20-2006, 12:01 PM

Whoops, I forgot. You don't need to stand in a queue to book tours on board, there are booking sheets you can fill in and drop in a box, and there are signs up saying which tours are full.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:34 AM

I don't recall being able to book through the TV on Princess like you can on other lines. (I was on Caribbean Princess in November.) But they do offer a website where you can book excursions and spa appointments ahead of time - from home, and I highly recommend doing that. Then you know you have the excursions or appointments that you want before you sail. It's one less thing to worry about when you get on the ship.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 02-22-2006, 10:02 PM

Just got off of the Grand in Jan. Unlike Carnival, Princess does not offer any TV booking service. REally best to go to Princess website to book before your cruise. Otherwise you will be standing in a long line on the ship to hopefully get the excursion of your choice.
Think they do it this way so that you don't have any idea how much you are charging while on the ship.
By the way we had a great time on the Grand Princess
Sandi O

Closed Thread

Tags
book, buy, carnival, cruise, excursion, excursions, forgot, online, osaka, personaliser, port, princess, reviews, shore, southport, tahiti, uk