Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2004, 09:17 AM

Hello my wife and I booked on the December 4th eastern carribean voyage aboard the Carribean Princess. this will be our second cruise (overall and with princess) and we are greatly looking forward to it. However I've not seen the leel of buzz around CP as I did with the early sailings of the Diamond . Well with the exception of Movies under the Stars that is. So if anyone would Like to post there opinions os the Carribean Princess it would be appriciated
Old 09-09-2004, 09:17 AM

Hello my wife and I booked on the December 4th eastern carribean voyage aboard the Carribean Princess. this will be our second cruise (overall and with princess) and we are greatly looking forward to it. However I've not seen the leel of buzz around CP as I did with the early sailings of the Diamond . Well with the exception of Movies under the Stars that is. So if anyone would Like to post there opinions os the Carribean Princess it would be appriciated
Old 11-18-2004, 08:39 AM

Hi
We are going on the Caribbean Princess 1/22/05.
I have heard a lot of positive reviews.
What I heard it the ship is very nice.
Some people like Personal Choice dinning and some did not. We have decided to do traditional.
We are taking our kids (12 and 9) with us.
We are looking forward to it. Please post your review when you get back.

Travelchris
adventuresintravel@comcasst.net
Old 12-16-2004, 02:21 AM

my partner and i and grandmother recently first time cruised aboard caribbean princess20-27 nov 2004 and found the ship and the whole onboard/ashore experience absolutely fantastic and can't wait to travel again!!!
Old 12-28-2004, 06:12 PM

We went on the Caribbean Princess in July 2004. It was great (read our review at http://www.cruisereviews.com/Princes...nPrincess1.htm) but very similar to the Golden (same meals and everything). It was very crowded at the night time activities. We had to leave some of them early to grab seats at other ones, just to be able to see the show.

Let me know if you have ane specific questions after reading my review.
Golden Princess - March 2003
Disney Magic - October 1998
Old 12-29-2004, 08:15 AM
Banned

Snickerd

We have mostly cruised on Carnival and Princess but have thought about Disney. We really unjoyed Disney World and used to go there every year and stay in the resort for 10 to 14 days. It was a good value to us until Eisner took over and to us priced gouged. The last time we were there was 1991 because of this. Disney cruises seem to be more expensive but may be worth the cost if it has the same qualities as Disney World. We enjoyed eating in their restaurants and loved the Stuffed French Toast for breakfast at the Polynesian Restaurant. Would like your input if the Disney is worth the extra cost? Do they serve the same menu items as in Disney World? We bought a Disney Cookbook but have never made anything from it, too much work.

Thanks
Old 01-01-2005, 08:25 PM

Disney doesn't really do anything "special" that other cruise lines don't do, to make it worth the extra cost. You're paying for the Disney brand and for the characters on board. One of the restaurants, Animator's Palate, was pretty neat though. The entire restaurant starts out all black and white, including the waiters' vests, and during the course of the meal, everything changes to color (the walls, paintings on the walls, and the waiters reverse their vests to color). It is really awesome. As for the food that they serve, we didn't really care for it, since we are "meat and potatoes" people. They had a french resturant (Lumiere's) that served french food, the adult only Palo's Italian restaurant, that served Italian meals that weren't to our liking, a Caribbean type restaurant and Animator's Palate, that served cavier and smoked salmon for appetizers. It was hard for us to find stuff to eat. Now, this was within the first few months of them setting sail, so I am guessing that things have improved, and they now offer more choices for those of us that don't like those kinds of foods.
Golden Princess - March 2003
Disney Magic - October 1998

Closed Thread

Tags
bound, carribean, princess, princesscom