Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 03:45 PM

We are taking our first Princess cruise in May. We have a 12 day land/cruise tour package. My question - my husband has a difficult time breathing in a room that is too warm. He is concerned about the train ride to and from Denali. Can anyone tell me if the trains are comfortable or very warm? I know we will be on the train for 9 hours on the return trip to the ship and he is very concerned.

Thank you for your help! I'm sure I'll have other questions as the time gets closer.

Nadine
Old 01-31-2007, 04:14 PM

It has only been three days since I posted this request, but I notice there have been quite a few posts since then. Before this gets lost, is there anyone who has experience with the Princess train who could let me know if they felt comfortable on the train, too hot, or too cold?

It probably seems like a dumb question, but it's an important one to us!

Thanks again!!

Nadine
Old 01-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Hello Nadine M,
I'm confident nobody considers your inquiry a dumb question. Quite the contrary; because it is so important to you and your husband, nobody is going to just hazard a guess.
Please understand it is a rather unique question and not everyone reads every post every day.
So please be patient and I'm sure somebody with good information will respond.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:38 PM

Nadine,
I think it is safe to say you will be comfortable on the train. The Princess trains have platforms that you can step out on and get some fresh air also. Hope that helps.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:39 PM

Thank you so much! Just knowing they have those platforms was a relief for Don.

Nadine
Old 02-02-2007, 03:45 AM

When we were there in late Aug the temps were in the 65 to 70 degree range during the day & it never felt to warm anywhere's. The train was comfortable even in the dining car. They did have a rock slide a few days before we boarded the train & in certain portions of the ride there was no one allowed to ride between the cars but it's doubtful if you'll find it to stuffy.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:37 PM

Thanks RichC! Traveling in May, we can only HOPE for 60 degree weather! We are packing for cold weather and hoping we catch a break like my friend who went there in May and had beautiful, warm weather almost the whole trip!

Nadine
Old 02-02-2007, 01:35 PM

We were there on the third week in Aug when they got their first frost & only had a few days of rain on the whole trip. If you go to Fairbanks make sure to eat at the Salomon Bake Steak restaurant. You'll see flyers all over the place- They even have a bus that comes to the hotel's to provide transportation. Leave extra time to look around after diner- lots of neat stuff to see.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruisetours, fairbanks, hotels, princess