Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 09:45 AM

My husband and I are going on the Northbound-Voyage of the Glaciers with the Sapphire Princess, the 2nd week of August. We are so excited but this will be our very first cruise. Can anyone tell me about this cruise, ship, or any tips?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:45 AM

My husband and I are going on the Northbound-Voyage of the Glaciers with the Sapphire Princess, the 2nd week of August. We are so excited but this will be our very first cruise. Can anyone tell me about this cruise, ship, or any tips?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:10 AM

Hi LauraD, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Haven't been on that particular Princess ship, but I doubt you'll be disappointed. Princess is our favorite line, so far. We've sailed on HAL, NCL, RCI, Costa, Carnival, and Princess. To me, Princess just does it better. Their ships are immaculate, the service is impeccable, and the food is great. I know we have some members that have recently returned from Alaska. I know Dave didn't sail on Princess, and I don't remember which ship Nadine M. was on. Hopefully they will see you post and can fill you in on Alaska. Maybe take a look through our port chat section a little further down the main page. Just wanted to welcome you aboard. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:25 AM

Thanks penny3333 for the welcome and the positive feedback about the Princess line. Now that it's getting closer to cruise time I guess I'm just getting anxious and praying I'm not going to be disappointed. So far all the other reviews I've read about the ship and that cruise it doesn't sound like I'll be. I did read a couple of reviews that were from May and June of this year that the people weren't happy with the ship, but it sounds like they were experience cruisers that just didn't care for the ship over another line. But since this is my very first cruise, I'm sure it will be delightful. My biggest hope is that the weather will hold out and we don't get alot of rain.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:29 PM

LauraD, welcome to cruise-chat. We were in Alaska in May aboard the Coral Princess. It was our first Princess cruise and we really enjoyed it. The food was great and the ship was very clean and beautiful.

Before we went, I was afraid that my expectations were too high and I would be disappointed. No way! We have been on 7 cruises and this was undoubtedly the most wondrous cruise we have ever been on. I still have a hard time finding words to describe the endless beauty!

My main tip would be to take binoculars and extra memory for your digital camera. Just about everything you see is a Kodak moment!

Have a wonderful cruise!

Nadine
Old 07-08-2008, 02:25 PM

Thank you Nadine for responding. We are celebrating our 20th anniversary on this cruise and we want it to be special. It sounds like we are in for a great time. We had went to Jamaica years ago and we were so excited about the trip, and it ended up being one big disappointment. Like I mentioned before, since it's getting closer to cruise time...I'm just anxious. I'm glad I joined this chat because it sounds like I'm going to be very pleased with Princess. We are planning on buying a new digital camera just for the occasion. My husband also has a pair of binoculars that take pictures as well. Thanks again for the feedback
Old 07-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Hello LauraD;

I just want to reassure you about Sapphire Princess. I've been on her several times and I would say she is the most consistently excellent of Princess' large ships--at least of the ones I have been on. I can't imagine anyone not being happy with her. I have not seen any negative reviews, but I know some people are very hard to please. If someone offered me a cruise on the Princess ship of my choice, I would take Sapphire Princess.

Nadine''s advice about taking lots of memory for your camera is good advice. You will take lots of photos and you don't want to have to buy more memory on the ship. Take lots of photos before you go if you are taking a new camera, and get really familiar with it. I took a new camera once and spent way too much time learning how to use it.

Have a great cruise--and take good care of my ship; I'll be on her again in October.

Rick
Old 07-09-2008, 08:04 AM

Thank you Rick for the reassurance that we picked the right cruiseline. Both my brothers and my sister have been on cruises but none of them took Princess. I'm glad we are going Northbound because the first day is all at sea so that will give us plenty of time to check out the ship and all she offers. I can already tell I'll want to cruise again. Thank you for all the great advice.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, camera, cruise, digital, forum, good, picures, port, princes, princess, reviews, reviewsalaska, sapphire, starboard