Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 09:44 PM

Hello Everyone!
I'm planning the 'cruise of a lifetime' for my family, and we've put a deposit down on a room on Sapphire Princess, Mini Suite E725 in aft section on Emerald Deck for June of 2009. From what I've read on this site, it seems like we lucked into a great room! I've got 2 girls - 10 and 6 - and a husband all staying in the room - I think we'll fit just fine. Questions I have:
1. Is Sapphire kid friendly? Will my little ladies have things to do?
2. I can't get a feel for an abundance of glassed-in public areas -- we were looking at RC's Radiance of the Seas, which is glass crazy. Is this the same for Sapphire?? Will we be able to enjoy the glaciers from lounge areas?
3. Opinions on freestyle cruising vs. a set seating?
4. If anyone feels strongly about a Royal Caribbean vs. Sapphire Princess, please let me know. We picked Princess based on her sailing into Glacier Bay and the terrific CruiseTour we'll take after up to Denali.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

NHMAMA
Old 12-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Hello nhmama, and welcome to Cruise-Chat.

I've been on Sapphire Princess several times, most recently in October, and by coincidence, in cabin E 731. It is a very convenient area of the ship and I'm sure your family will be very comfortable in the mini-suite.

We have not cruised with (young) children; but we became very good friends with a family with five children, ages 6 to 17 and they raved about all the activities for all their children, and how the staff went out of their way to make the children feel at home--especially the dining room staff.

I would not call Sapphire Princess "glass crazy"; but there are certainly lots of comfortable areas inside and out from which to enjoy the views. I believe you will find your own large balcony to be one of your favorite places to watch the scenery glide by.

As for Traditional Dining vs. Anytime Dining; my wife and I have always preferred Traditional Second Seating. It seems more relaxed, quiet, and we like having the same wait staff and tablemates for the duration of the cruise. But I think when we travel with our grandchildren we will probably opt for Anytime Dining. 8:15 seems late for children to be having dinner; and our friends with the large family said they really appreciated the flexibility of Anytime Dining.

I have never cruised with Royal Caribbean so I can't comment; but I have been a satisfied Princess cruiser for over 30 years. And Princess has an excellent reputation for its CruiseTours.

Our friends with the 5 children asked the kids what they wanted to do next year: go to Walt Disney World or take another cruise; it was unanimous--they all wanted to take another cruise.

Have a wonderful time.

Rick
Old 01-19-2009, 02:49 PM
nhmama
I did a princess cruise of Alaska about 10 years ago. My most vivid memory was sitting in the hot ub watching the glaciers and sipping a mimosa.
It was heaven. I hope you have some time to stop in Anchorage.
What a breathtaking city. Flowers everywhere.
It took me completely by surprise.
If you have the chance, stop in to Humpies for a burger!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cruises, e725, princess, review, sapphire