Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   Wine, Liquor & bottled water (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/13540-wine-liquor-bottled-water.html)

atti2d877 03-31-2008 09:02 PM

Can I bring in my own bottle of wine or liquor?
What about bottled water?

f-mattox 03-31-2008 11:03 PM

Princess' policy is one bottle of wine or champagne per person but no liquor. There is a $15.00 corkage fee if you bring it into one of the dining rooms. I couldn't find any mention of bottled water but I think that would be O.K.; but the ship's tap water is cleaner and better tasting then any you could bring, so why go to the trouble? Liquor can be purchased for your cabin in 375 ml bottles for $17.00 and up. Duty free bottles bought in the gift store are held until the last night.

fllady 04-02-2008 12:50 PM

you can bring your own bottled water, but its a lot easier to bring a bottle for each of you and fill it from the taps. the water on board ship is very good. Put them in the refrigerator the night before you need it and they will be chilled.

Bringyagrogalong 06-29-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by f-mattox:
Princess' policy is one bottle of wine or champagne per person but no liquor. There is a $15.00 corkage fee if you bring it into one of the dining rooms. I couldn't find any mention of bottled water but I think that would be O.K.; but the ship's tap water is cleaner and better tasting then any you could bring, so why go to the trouble? Liquor can be purchased for your cabin in 375 ml bottles for $17.00 and up. Duty free bottles bought in the gift store are held until the last night.
When I enquired if wine glasses were provided in cabins I received the following reply:

"It is Princess Cruises policy that alcohol is not to be consumed in staterooms, hence no wine glasses are provided in your cabins. All alcohol is to be consumed in the restuarants or bars, in line with the Responsible Service of Alcohol Act."

Dwayne 06-30-2008 04:12 AM

Quote:

When I enquired if wine glasses were provided in cabins I received the following reply:

"It is Princess Cruises policy that alcohol is not to be consumed in staterooms, hence no wine glasses are provided in your cabins. All alcohol is to be consumed in the restuarants or bars, in line with the Responsible Service of Alcohol Act."
Hummss, that sounds odd. Champagne on ice, with glasses, are usually waiting in my cabin on Carnival their sister line. Their website says that wine and/or champagne may be brought aboard for consumption, other than the ports of call.

Look here.

Dwayne

f-mattox 06-30-2008 11:57 AM

Yes, I find that reply odd, too, seeing as how my cabin comes with a mini-bar set up, and the first thing the steward does is bring us champagne.

TrvlPro 06-30-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

It's not uncommon to get a wrong reply to an inquiry from any of the cruiselines. I believe the response they sent is refering to a policy about hard liquor purchased onboard or at a port. Someone there is confusing the alcahol policy as it relates to other than wine and champaigne with their policy for gifts, onboard purchases and bottle brought on within their guidelines for wine/champaigne.

I have the ability to order wine or champaigne as a bon voyage gift to be delivered to a guests cabin and do often. I always order a bottle for my own cabin prior to sailing as well. Unless they have changed their policy very recently, and that is possible, you can have the wine/champaigne in your cabin and they will provide glasses for it.

Cheers, Neil

penny3333 06-30-2008 01:28 PM

Well, I don't think they've changed their policy. They still have links on-line, a pdf file to download, and state on their passenger contract information pdf that wine/champagne is allowed. Maybe they did confuse it with purchases made on shore.

JIM2TAK 06-30-2008 03:25 PM

Got the same answer one time on one princess Ship so I ordered a glass of wine in the dining room and did not finish it and took the glasses to my room. On all other princess ships I never had a problem.

cruisingsoon 07-01-2008 06:55 AM

I returned from my cruise on the Caribbean Princess on June 4th. I packed three bottles of wine (one per each adult). I called room service everyday and requested wine glasses be delivered to our cabin. Sometimes, we would carry our glasses of wine from our cabin to the dining room for dinner (never any problems). As we entered the dining room, the waiters always offered to carry our glasses to our table for us. We celebrated two birthdays on board and in lieu of the wine "carry in" on those days, we splurged and ordered a nice bottle of champagne for each occasion! It worked out very well.