Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 12:24 PM
$100.00 pp more for a mini-suite is a great deal. If you booked a "guaranteed" mini-suite, you may not find out until a few weeks before sailing. Otherwise you your travel agent or Princess should be able to tell you now. If you have your booking number you can check the Cruise Personalizer at Princess.com

You should do this anyway fairly soon and get your pre-cruise paperwork out of the way.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:22 PM

f-mattox,

I have checked with the Cruise Personalizer @ Princess and it only has us down as staying in a mini-suite but does not say which room. My travel agent said when she changed that she could not dictate where we would be staying (which side of ship or what floor) and I was wondering how close to embarkment we would find out. I am just so excited about the whole thing - hopefully the end of August will be here before I know it.

On another note - this has been the most helpful on-line site I have found. Thank you all of you Cruise Guru's that take the time to answer our simple/basic questions.

Lizzyjane

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Thank you for the kind words. As you can tell, it is a subject dear to our hearts. We want everyone, especially new cruisers to get as much pleasure out of a cruise as we do.

Did your travel agent tell you when you might expect to learn your cabin assignment? I would be interested to know also, for future reference. Not that it matters that much; they are all good cabins and all are on Dolphin Deck, except for 18 on Emerald Deck.

Rick
Old 05-11-2008, 02:30 PM

Tacha,
THE Sapphire is a great ship! The Savoy Restaurant was our favorite. WE dined there every night because we wanted a table for 2, traditional dining, but they had us at a table for 8. So,we had agreat table for 2 at The Savoy, right by the window! Matzalan was our favorite stop. We foud a great little restaurant on a corner, great Margarita's & cheap, they also had a singer & piano player. We spent the day there!! have a wonderful time! We leave for a 10 day cruise from NY to the Eastern caribbean on Saturday, sooo excited! When's your cruise?
Marguerite
Old 05-11-2008, 07:06 PM

Hi, f-mattox,
FYI - I noticed the room assignment on Princess Personalizer about 1 month prior to the sailing date.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Thank you, csnj1w, that's about what I would have guessed.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:39 PM

My parents didn't get an assignment on their last PCL cruise until the day of departue. My ol' man kept calling and asking "What kind of a cruise agent are you if you can't even tell me what cabin I'll be in?" He thought I should be able to have something to do with when they assign them. No fun doing business with family sometimes. Ultimately they liked their cabin and all was well again. They love Princess, I think maybe they'd be happier with Rick or Penny as their offspring. We always have issues whith which line we're gonna take when we all go. My sis like Celebrity and Cunard but her third choice is Princess so I usually get out voted. I got 'em all on Adventure of the Seas and they were not thrilled with the whole big ship concept. My mother kept saying things like "That's not how they do things on Princess". Next time I guess I'm back to Princess for the family get together. All in all not a bad thing. I tried once suggesting Carnival but the looks I got from all parties was enough to change the subject, didn't need words. They also heard the rumors about the party life onboard. Just not worth the trouble trying to explain. Even if I am the one who make his living in this industry, I'm still no-where near the decision maker when it comes to family. I can live with that.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-12-2008, 12:04 AM
I"m sure Penny or I would be more than glad to be your surrogate anytime. I'm not crazy about the big ship concept either--I would get along great with your folks.

Rick
Old 05-12-2008, 07:02 AM

Yes Neil, anytime. I think I like Princess the best because you don't have to stand in lines for the Florider or the ice skating or the rock wall. There are places on board that are quiet and there are places with lots of activity. On most RCI ships I've been on, there's no place to get away from the crowds but your cabin. And I just think the food and service are a little bit better on Princess. Bigger is not always better.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
My parents didn't get an assignment on their last PCL cruise until the day of departue. My ol' man kept calling and asking "What kind of a cruise agent are you if you can't even tell me what cabin I'll be in?" He thought I should be able to have something to do with when they assign them.
Neil I tried not to hire or do business with family or friends. Seemed to work better that way.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, mariner, photos, pop, princess, rcl, sapphire, star, travelers