Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2005, 08:23 AM

1st time cruiser. Are these or a wake up call provided
Old 11-22-2005, 08:46 AM

Wake up calls are provided over your phone just like in a hotel. I seem to remember that Princess has alarm clocks in the cabins, but I can't remember for sure. You can also purchase an inexpensive travel alarm clock from WalMart for $5-$10.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:21 PM

[Thanks!]Originally posted by Amyc:
1st time cruiser. Are these or a wake up call provided[/quote]
Old 11-22-2005, 07:23 PM

Amy,

Welcome to Cruise Reviews & Princess

Princess does not have alarm clocks in the room.

The phone does have a function as an alarm clock that you can set up.

I do always bring my travel clock along, but, also use the phone

Hope you enjoy your cruise. What ship are you on??

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 11-23-2005, 12:25 PM

Thanks for the info, trying to pack as little as possible. We are leaving Sunday on the Star Princess, Western Caribbean - any suggestions for Cozumel excursion w/ 2 boys age 12 &10? We were supposed to do the dolphins, but it was cancelled.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:31 PM
When I was in Cozumel, I went on the Mexican Fokloric Show. That was the only shore-ex I went on. Your 10&12 year olds might like it, but probably it might be boring to them.

I do not know for sure but:

-They have a Jeep and snorkeling shore-ex
-They have a Treasure Hunt shore-ex

Those might be appealing to 10 and 12 year olds?

They also have an ATV shore-ex. which would definetly be appealing to 10 and 12 year old boys. However, turning a 10 and 12 year old boy loose on an ATV is a perfect recipe for a major disaster

Which ever shore-ex. you choose, I probably would not reccomend those party boat shore-ex.s I heard there was plenty of drinking and some debauchery onboard. You would not want to corrupt their morals at such a tender age

When you get onboard you can find out more information about which shore-ex. might be right. They should have a shore-ex. desk across from the Purser's desk onboard the ship.

Also, while in Cozumel, check out the shopping. They have good deals on:
-Liquor
-Vanilla extract
-Silverware
-Souvenirs
Probably the best place to find the first two items, is in the very, very, very long Duty Free Store you have to walk through once you get off your ship. That is if your ship will be docked at the Puerta Maya Pier, and if Hurricane Wilma did not destroy it.

Also, since in is your first cruise here is some quick advice from someone who had a first cruise just last year:
- Don't touch those soft drinks or bottled water they will leave in your room. They are way over priced.
- If you use allot of electric gadgets when you travel, bring an extension chord and multi-strip outlet. They may have just one outlet in your room.
- If they have a self-serve coin-laudro-mat onboard, don't use it. It will take too much time. Instead, spend a little more money and let them(the crew) do your laundry for you.
- Do not over-eat. Eat small servings. They will always be plenty more food to come.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes. You all will do plenty of walking, both onboard and while ashore.
- If any of you take prescription meds, and especially if it is important to take it; DO NOT FORGET IT
- If you plan on flying to your cruise port: make sure you pack your pointed scisors or other sharp objects in your big checked baggage. Otherwise you may loose them to the federal TSA screeners at the airport checkpoint.
- Walkie talkies may be good to keep in touch. Just be considerate of your fellow passengers when using them: Keep the volume and your voices set on low.
- For plenty more advice for first timers, make sure to check more of this website out. Also, see Tom Ogg's advice on packing at http://www.Cruisereviews.com

I hope all this can be of some help to you. Good luck and have a good time on your cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
alarm, clock, clocks, cruise, princess, travel