Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   Star Princess - New Zealand-Australia (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/13733-star-princess-new-zealand-australia.html)

hospicenurse 07-31-2003 09:57 PM

My husband and I are going on the January 3, 2004 sailing of the Star Princess from Australia to New Zealand. Would like guidance on the best shore excursions to go on. Also, we have a balcony room on the Baja deck. Please describe the size of the balcony and the type of furnishing on the balcony. We will spend a lot of time on it sightseeing, reading, and enjoying the sea air. Any info about the ship or the itinerary will be appreciated. We are so excited. It is our 30th wedding anniversary.

hospicenurse 07-31-2003 09:57 PM

My husband and I are going on the January 3, 2004 sailing of the Star Princess from Australia to New Zealand. Would like guidance on the best shore excursions to go on. Also, we have a balcony room on the Baja deck. Please describe the size of the balcony and the type of furnishing on the balcony. We will spend a lot of time on it sightseeing, reading, and enjoying the sea air. Any info about the ship or the itinerary will be appreciated. We are so excited. It is our 30th wedding anniversary.

08-08-2003 12:31 PM

I took the Regal Princess on this trip in Feb 03. It was a wonderful trip and my first advice is go at least two days early and enjoy Sydney. A great city, easy to get around, wonderful people and lots to do. The trip is so long I just would not want to miss a performance at the Opera House and a climb on the Harbour Bridge. Happy Anniversary!

08-20-2003 05:14 PM

We were on the Star Princess in April. The ship is a wonderful ship.In fact, overall, it was our nicest cruise out of fourteen sailings.

The balconies are about 11 feet wide and between 3 and 6 feet deep, depending on the deck level. They are usually furnished with a small table and two plastic chairs. Your steward will bring you a lounge if you desire.They (lounges) can take up a lot of room if your balcony is not large enough. We had the farthest balcony aft on the Dolphin Deck. The configuration made our balcony "supersized." The balcony extended around the support structure for the disco and was about 50% larger than most.

The food is good. Be sure you try Sabatini's for dinner and for brunch on at at sea day. In both cases it was a huge bargain. Tequila's is also quite good. The eight dollar charge is a wash because they give you a free margarita that is quite good. Try the black bean soup with Main lobster claws floating on top. It is excellent.

Have a wonderful trip!

P.S. We have friends in Sidney They say the Opera House is fantastic!

08-22-2003 11:54 PM

Hi to all,

I live in Australia and if you would like some details of what to do, email me at
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ and I will be happy to send in my ideas.

Lots of people going on Star Jan 3.
Regards,
Mich -

08-22-2003 11:54 PM

Hi to all,

I live in Australia and if you would like some details of what to do, email me at
michzero@aol.com and I will be happy to send in my ideas.

Lots of people going on Star Jan 3.
Regards,
Mich -

Jake 10-25-2003 10:25 AM

My Wife and I did the cruise last Jan/ Feb from Sydney to Auckland on the Regal Princess. We spent 5 days in Sydney before we left and should have spent more time there. We stayed in North Sydney in the Dexton and had a beautiful view on the Harbor. If you stay in Sydney take the City Water Taxiís as many places as you can also the blue and red busses. We found a web site that helped us plan out stay and we also got a 3 day pass. That pass gave us unlimited travel on the City Busses, trains, water taxiís and the Blue and Red buses. . Hobart we went to the game farm and Rain Forrest. Loved it got to pet the critters. The sailing from Hobart to NZ was a ruff one but was OK. The Fiordland of NZ was Beautiful; reminded us of the west coast of British Columbia. Go on the Train Ride in Dunedin was great fun. Christchurch was the place we loved the most in NZ. We took a Cab from the boat for 8hr trip around cost us $50 NZ $. Wellington was windy and cool. We took a great bus ride into the interior and it wasnít the best of the tours .It was to long and we were getting tired of all the long tours by this time. Auckland was the end of our trip and didnít get to much travailing in there however we did see the Americas Yacht race and found it was really busy around there. Go Up the space needle type building in Sydney and Auckland what a view. Take as many wine tours as you can we found the one we took in Melbourne was the best. Most wine and food of them all that we toured. People from our home town went on a tour of the north Island of NZ and found it beautiful and warm although we didnít travel with them they said next time down there we should look into the north Island area as a must see
My advise is to take a short tour around Wellington and but see as much as you can handle on the other tours, because these tours can be long. When you get back the ship is ready to leave port around 6pm each day, so there isnít much time for using your deck off your room. And take cold medicine, as we both got head cold from the air-conditioning system.
Have Fun