Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 04:41 AM

We've cruised Royal Carribean 3 times and Carnival 2 times but this will be our first Princess Cruise. Tell me all about The Crown Princess.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 07-07-2008, 10:16 AM

I hope you enjoy Princess as much as we do, they're our favorite line, so far. We've sailed NCL, RCL, Carnival, Costa, HAL, and Princess. To me, Princess does it best. The ships are immaculate, the service is impeccable, and the food is fantastic. We haven't sailed on the Crown, but have sailed on the Sun, Dawn, Sea, Caribbean, and Emerald. We'll be sailing on the Royal in December. I like the Sun class ships the best, but the Emerald and Caribbean were beautiful. Here is a link for the Emerald Princess pictures. I know there are others on this board that have been on the Crown and may have pictures as well. If you have something specific you'd like to know, it might help someone's answer to you. Best wishes and hope you have a wonderful cruise!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:08 AM

Since you've cruised more than one line what do you think the difference in RCCL, Carnival and then Princess are?? we've cruised the Glory twice and then the Naviagator that is close to the size of The Crown, although when I got the book of deck plans I don't think either of the others have 17 decks. It looks like a great ship and we're really excited.
How is room service? Have you done balcony dining? I think we'd like to do that for our anniversary...

Any pictures on here of the Crown Princess?
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 07-22-2008, 07:56 AM

The Crown is a great ship. Been on her twice and always had great service.

Try to do the 'Chefs Table', if it is available. Call the dining room as soon as you get aboard to sign up. It is fantastic.... You won't be disapointed with the galley tour, meeting and being served by the Chef and special servers... not to mention the 13 courses with wines and apertifs, etc...

Enjoy your trip!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:04 AM

They each offer a great product. RCCL has more "glitz", Carnival has more of a laid back atomosphere, Princess, to me, has a more elegant atmosphere. Not "snobby", just a bit more elegant. One of the best differences is the muster. Princess has it right. You go to a lounge or the internet cafe for your muster station. You're inside, usually seated, not having to stand in line while everyone makes there way out to the lifeboats. You listen to the instructions, then at the end put on your life jacket, then you are dismissed. It is a procedure that takes 20 minutes-tops. You don't have 3000 people crowding into 1 door, it's great! For my taste, the food is better. I also think their shows are better. This is all my opinion, only. But each ship that I step foot on, I don't compare to another. Each ship and crew have their own experience. Some I enjoy more than others. It really doesn't make one better than the other, it's just that I enjoy Princess the best. It feels like "home" when I step on board. I prefer the Sun class ships to the Grand class, but that's my preference. The Grand class ships have a lot more to offer as far as ammenities.

I haven't done the balcony dining, but have heard some very good comments from those that have. It sounds like a wonderful idea for your anniversary, very romantic! We have used room service and they have been extremely fast, courteous, and brought what we ordered I don't have any pictures of the Crown, but I'm sure there have to be some posted on Webshots, Youtube, or one of the other gallery websites. I bet if you google Crown Princess Pictures you'll find a bunch.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, crown, crowne, cruise, cruises, emerald, freedom, mr, picture, pictures, princess, reviews, rooms, sobby